2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Super Wal Mart here in Angleton on Friday night to get some supplies for this weekend's fighing trip. In the beverage aisle, as I was decrying the pathetic selection of beers, my eyes glided to the other side of the aisle. Something different caught my eye.

I've been off of regular cokes for several years after reading about how bad high fructose corn syrup is for us. The info on diet drinks is about as bad, but I regularly drink diet cokes. At least I'm missing the calories I figure.

Well, what drew me to these packages was that they boldly stated, "PURE CANE SODA" on the labels. They were from the Jones Soda Company and there were many flavors, so I tried the crushed melon in bottles and the kiwi soda in cans. WOW! Talk about a flavor sensation. I'm sure it's not entirely healthy, but it has to be better for you than the high fructose sweetener. I allow myself one of these a day and they are so good I just thought I'd pass the word to y'all so you can give it a try. - Coach

·
Registered
875 Posts
Havent tried those Coach, but if its not got that hyfrutosecornsyrup it probably tastes like an old fashioned good soda. Heck, I make my own tea and lemonade and we all like it just fine, but that over the counter stuff, it has all that junk in it and it tastes like chemicals to me, in my humble opinion, all that hypersuperconcentratedcornfrutose stuff has created all of the sudden surge in diabetes in people my age and younger. Sugar in moderation isnt so bad for a person. I havent yet figured out why they the soda companies hypercornsyrup anything. Is it cheaper or something. I'm not up on that end of the chemical mixes. And a lot of people are very sensitive to corn products.

Its gonna be hard for the general public to get back to the basics, I'm trying, but its hard to find just even jam and jelly without all that stuff in it.

I'll look that for at the Wally World here.

sb:>

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, the cornsyrup is cheaper. When I was in Europe in '93, '95, '99, and '00, I was happy to find Cokes had real sugar in them.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Coach...If you REALLY want a flavor sensation, wait until Thanksgiving when Jones Soda comes out with their Thanksgiving flavors. Turkey & dressing, green bean caserole, etc. I tried the turkey & dressing once just to see what it taste like...I won't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Also at Sam's Club you can get the "Mexican" Coke a Cola. It has cane sugar in it. You cant go wrong with that and Dublin DP.

·
Registered
9,572 Posts
Put me down for IBC root beer. It is so strong it will make you burp through your nose if you drink it too fast.

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
The Thanksgiving Meal set of Jones Soda is truly something to try! I bought the set a couple years back and brought it to work for everyone to try. I will say that the Pumpkin Pie wasn't too terrible, and the Cranberry was actually something that a person could drink a little of. However, the Turkey and Gravy should be avoided at all costs, and whoever decided that Brussell Sprout was a good idea for a soda flavor should have their toenails pulled out one at a time......................veeeeeeeeeeery slowly, then made to walk 100 miles through ankle deep alcohol! That schtuff works better than Ipicac (sp?) syrup! I'm gettin nauseaus just thinkin back about it!

·
Registered
256 Posts
PHINS said:
If you can get it Dublin Dr. Pepper is made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar. It tastes so much better than regular DP.
I love Dublin Dr Pepper even at $6 for a sixer of bottles.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Oh give me a break TF, nobody in their right mind would make a soda to try and mimic a turkey dinner. Oh come on. that's just out there in spaceland.

sb:

·
@Drew_Smoke
4,158 Posts
Blue Water Ho said:
Also at Sam's Club you can get the "Mexican" Coke a Cola. It has cane sugar in it. You cant go wrong with that and Dublin DP.
Read the label on the next one you buy.

Y'all buy lots o' Jones Soda. My IRA will appreciate it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
clouser said:
Coach...If you REALLY want a flavor sensation, wait until Thanksgiving when Jones Soda comes out with their Thanksgiving flavors. Turkey & dressing, green bean caserole, etc. I tried the turkey & dressing once just to see what it taste like...I won't make that mistake again.
We played this trick on the kids last Thanksgiving. Turkey & Gravy, Dressing, Brussel Sprout, Sweet Potato, & Cranberry flavored sodas.
Pretty freaky! LOL

·
Registered
918 Posts
I might have to try the Jones one day, I don't really like soda of any type I pretty much drink water, tea or beer.

·
They call me............PAWPAW!
3,020 Posts
small bites said:
Oh give me a break TF, nobody in their right mind would make a soda to try and mimic a turkey dinner. Oh come on. that's just out there in spaceland.

sb:
nope.......honest *****! Matter of fact, I'll try and remember and buy ya one when they come out with em again this fall.......................but only if ya promise to drink it!:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts