2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting on a lease just north of Sweeny. Its approx. 250acres. What are the deer like in that area? Are there a fair amount of deer?

·
Know it, Love it, Kill it, and Grill it!
1,839 Posts
Deer

My dad has a lease just west of Sweeny. We sat in the dlind Thursday afternoon. We saw one good buck a lot of young deer and we lost count of the does.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'm pretty familiar with that area as well. As The Salty One already stated, lots of poaching in that area. I saw a young 6 point about two weeks ago that was shot high in the back and they just left him there. I looked a little closer and he was actually shot twice in the neck also with a small caliber. More than enough hogs in that area to keep you busy though.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
As said above,small and lots of poaching.Best hunting would be between Dancinger and Boling.Good areas fior hogs and squirrel hunting.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yep.

Also, Wharton / Bay City / Angleton area is the first place in Texas for the rut to start. We see bucks chasing does every year over Labor Day.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I saw some big big bucks in the Brazos river bottoms years ago.This was between West Columbia and Rosharon.When I was a kid,Pierce Estate was loaded with deer.

·
Proud Navy Father AND Grandfather
9,095 Posts
IMBIT2 said:
I am thinking about getting on a lease just north of Sweeny. Its approx. 250acres. What are the deer like in that area? Are there a fair amount of deer?
Off of what road?

·
Registered
475 Posts
LOL LOL LOL LOL

still (LOL LOL LOL LOL)

From Sweeny (do not live there now) , and boy if that isnt the truth (at least the poaching part)!!!!!!!!
Salty Dog said:
Small deer and lots of poaching.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts