2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got asked at the right time and went in half with a buddy on a lease spot I think SW of Sealy. How's the area and do the birds stage there before they hit the Eagle lake area???

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Its a great area and you are only a few miles from Eagle Lake. The prairie chicken refuge roost alot of geese and a few outfitters will roost some. The duck hunting can be excelent to.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You bet!

I have family out there and have goose hunted the area for the last 9 years. The birds move all over this part of the praire on a daily basis as they eat through the winter. From the birds perspective you can lump the praire south of I-10 between Sealy and Eage Lake together. Obviously not 1 roost for all of them but they'll generally be in the same area or at least on the same food at a given time.

Like always start on rice (decoying young birds well) and work your way toward plowed ground (decoying/pass shooting) as winter progresses. Duck hunting can also be good depending on where you are but I like areas closer to the coast for ducks.

·
Banned
164 Posts
I thought you werent getting on a lease this year...Well..ya shouldve called me..Bro

Ive got a lease & Im going to open it up for $400 a guy for the season.Interested?
Oxx...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts