2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about heading out of Galveston about 40-50 miles Thursday. HB and A68 area was okay last week, so I will probably try my luck in that area again. Maybe venture to Four in a Row rigs. Anybody heard any good / bad about this area? I have a crew, but a buddy boat would be fun.

Bernard

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Bad and the Good

I guess we have to take the occasional bad trip with the good ones. Well hopefully, if anything, I can help somebody with this one.

First off, went bye Galveston Yacht Basin for some Piggies(very small) and the guy that was suppose to watch the boat came inside and needless to say, There's a thief around there. On the side we were tied off to, the thief took my Penn 330 GT1 and 6/0 out of my T-Top rocket launchers. Of course, nobody saw anything. We were inside 2 minutes max. I've heard of rod/reels coming out, but they were the heaviest and the lighter ones were still there and it was a smooth as a baby's ........

Smooth in the bay that is, because once we broke the Jettys, it was over 3 and a washing machine.(As I looked this morning, the wind direction shifted every hour) Averaged about 15-20 knots and pounding. Pounded enough to break a weld on the electronics box. Bungy didn't work, so had to pull it down. Disconnecting and taping wires and all. So no radio, but able to hook it up. Got that fixed and ran from 2 storms. Put the gear on, got the wind and cool, but not the rain or lightning from either storm.(One blessing)

Last week's 25 mile out weedline was all scattered, so our chicken fest plan was out. A68A had a Shrimp Boat tied off on the side the Snapped from last week came from.(They were fishing, using only thick string with a weight and hook-no can) They actually caught 2 that I didn't see them throw back-it looked close. I should have made that call, but my radio situation.

Anyway, the Kings and S-Macs were willing to play with us for a 4 man limit.(Rattle Traps caught them all, but buy many-Even with 24" of wire, they bite the line for the 4th time and we were out of RTs) One fisherman decided to boat all the Angels he could. (He spoke highly-I don't know) All Snaps were babes and 1 Vermillion volunteered. Bad day on the big pond, but not that bad. No engine or electrical problems, so 2 more blessings, amongst others. Sorry for the lenght.

Bernard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts