2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
"Converting Bait to Filets Since 1964"
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the wife and three kids on July 10 and can't wait. Anybody been on this boat lately?

·
Borders, language, culture
6,342 Posts
We are leaving the 6th and coming back on the 10th. Guess we'll wave to each other on the gang plank.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
That's the Carnival ship that caught fire several years ago off Miami. Never sailed on her though. Have sailed the Grand and the Rhapsody.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Never been on Carnival ******, but you & fam will have an awesome time no matter what. There is more stuff to do/eat/drink on those cruises than you can shake a stick at!

·
Stealth Mode
324 Posts
5 day cruise in 2004. Had a great time . Food was great. Really liked the dining room in the back. We ate breakfast and dlunch there. At night we did the dining room thing and really enjoyed it. Food was outstanding. Cruised Royal Carribean last year and although everything was very nice, we enjoyed The Ecstacy more.

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
OUTLAW said:
Is it a fun vacation for kids? 15 and 11. thanks
I know that Carnival is more kid oriented than Royal Carrib., but nonetheless i dont see how kids couldnt have a good time, there are pools, arcades, daily activities that the whole family is invited to participate, ping pong contests, trivia, rock climbing etc.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Ypu might want to check out Cruisecritic.com. There are many reviews as well as message boards where you can learn about shore excursions and what to do and not do on your cruise. There is also a section where you can converse with others that are going to be on the same cruise. This is good for the kids that can email other kids before the cruise so they might make friends ahead of time.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was on her memorial weekend to Cozumel.Lotta fun.I have a 13 and 10 year old.Water slide on deck with the pool,great food and entertainment.I saw my first flying fish(really cool),and dolphins following the boat.
Cozumel looked beat up pretty bad still but had lots of fun excursions.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
I sailed on her sister ship, the Inspiration on our honeymoon.. We had a blast!

You and your family (including kids) will have a total ball. Remember, during meals you can order however you want. So if it's steak and lobster night and you want 1 steak and 3 lobdters, well ask for it..

I used to get up and eat eggs benedict every morning with gravelax (thinly sliced cured salmon that just melts in your mouth) and I would tell them to hold the bagels and bring just the lax... :)

Oh yeah, it's pronounced LOCKS in case you never heard of it before and want to order.. ;)

Have a wonderful trip and beware the drunken ghost that will posess you after just a few hours! LOL

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
She just came out of Drydock after assisting in the Katrina clean up in NO... she has had no major issues published on Cruise Critic ...we sail her on the 20 of July

Her sister ship the Elation was first class and you should have a Blast...

Important Note..

Wear shorts and have the kidos carry on swim suits the pool will be active when your boarding and they can jump right in ...

Carry a big mug from home for your refreashments.. your allowed to carry on a personal supply of liquids. the soda cards for the family are great but if your shopping in Coz you will need an extra bag to carry home stuff..

You might as well carry it on full of sodas and b##r if you chose....

Follow this link it has some recent info on her...
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=358335

Hope it helps...
John

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
jtburf said:
Important Note..

Wear shorts and have the kidos carry on swim suits the pool will be active when your boarding and they can jump right in ...
Not necessarily true... You see the water for the pools is actaully sea water and when we cruised, the pools were empty and had netting over them when we boarded. Once we hit blue water, they filled 'em up.

The pools were pretty chilly too! I think the water pickup is on the bottom of the ship (read 30 feet deep) and therefore the water was in the 70's..

The one thing that did have water was the hot tub.. For some reason everyone thought it was closed, so Caroline and I put on our suits and jumped in. Within minutes, we had a full hot tub! LOL

·
Its easy to grin when your ship comes in
5,918 Posts
I did a cruise on the Elation last fall and will be doing a 7 day cruise on the Conquest this October. The Ecstacy has been re-done after its Katrina service. They have plenty of planned activities for Kids, so they should be well taken care of. The Carnival ships are set up good for family activities. If they would just open the craps tables more during the day I would be perfectly set there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts