2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog ran into my prop last night and it took a real large chunk of meat out his shoulder.

I feel like I need to do something for it but not sure what.

·
The Duck of Death
2,246 Posts
If you dont want to spend money on a Vet . Super glue will hold it together . I have seen it done many time's on Hog huntin dogs up in east texas. Dogs dont seem any worse for wear.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
Was The Prop Spinning? YEOOOW!

If it's not bleeding too much, give him some antibiotics and make sure it's had a tetanus shot. Neosporin is OKAY and wouldn't hurt. CF?

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just got back from dropping him off at the vet. Cost was 231$.
He will be ready this evening.......

·
God bless our troops!
947 Posts
I would have used the Super-Glue unless it was open too much. Your big ol' dog should have been able to handle it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Am I lost here....

was the boat in the water. Plus engaging the prop out of the aqua is a no no isn't it? Or is your dog like mine and runs like a maniac not watching where he is going....

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Brother you didthe right thing I hope hes still the same. But man for real you gotta teach him to get on the boat at the side or front LOL j/k..........................later,Dave

·
Registered
4,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The boat is in my driveway, and he took off chasing a squirrel yesterday evening. He tried to sqeeze between the back of the boat and a trash can and got nailed. The prop was not turning and the engine was not running.

I will pick him up today, I feel pretty confident he is ok.
BTW, he is a 117lb weimeraner.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
B2 said:
I won't soon forget the sight of him getting hit over and over in the mouth as we were cranking down the trailer! He just kept coming back for more!
lol you made me spit my dip out

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Glad you did the right thing for the dog, never hurts to be sure he'll get the best care. Also for whoever reads this. a milk crate and a bungee cord will cover up most props, that can happen to a small child just as quickly. Not judging you by any means ROBO, it's just I've seen products out there for that same issue and it's just a reminder for eveyone.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts