2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Fished Sargent surf today on the northeast side up past the round house. Didn't do great. Think we would have done better if we had arrived sooner. We started at about 10. Caught a 24" red, a big black drum and a few other little guys. Fished mainly with crab around the 2nd and 3rd guts. The rest of the Sargent beach sw of where we were was up to the revetment so we stayed clear.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Beach was closed to vehicles from Surfside to San Luis pass.
I talked to a county employee and they may open it this weekend.
I did fish the surf about a mile from SLP where the walk from BW Hwy to the surf was only 75yds.
Caught one spanish mac and one dink trout on spoons.

Water temp was borderline too cool to wade comfortable, so I only fished about an hour.

·
\m/
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
water on west end galvez surf was purdy yesterday but not many takers. i got 2 undersized trout on top, Troutout got a big skippy on plastic, Zeitgeist got a keeper red on croaker, and some dude caught a small shark. only fished 7-9am. had honeydoos. maybe the afternoon was good?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Beach was closed to vehicles from Surfside to San Luis pass.
I talked to a county employee and they may open it this weekend.
I did fish the surf about a mile from SLP where the walk from BW Hwy to the surf was only 75yds.
Caught one spanish mac and one dink trout on spoons.

Water temp was borderline too cool to wade comfortable, so I only fished about an hour.
Did the county worker say why they closed? Heard there are concerns of high bacteria in drinking water for brazoria county but don't see tie to the beach closing if that was the reason.

·
Registered
723 Posts
They were trying to clear the beaches of all the debris from the storm surge.
Where I walked in to the surf there was a tree stump with roots as big as my truck.

·
Registered
128 Posts
went to surfside jetty yesterday 3 black drums and 1 redfish.. all on shrimp dead and alive on the bottom

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts