2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26,148 Posts
got a report of a small tarpon caught last week on Wednesday or Thursday. I was told about 24" length, caught while wading the Crystal Beach surf about 5 miles east of the ferry landing. No info on what bait it hit.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Galveston Tarpon

Catn' Around said:
Has anyone seen any sightings in galveston yet?
Most of the guys I know don't start making the long run out of Galveston until July, but the next time we get a stretch of good conditions somebody ought to be out looking....

·
Registered
335 Posts
Fresh Water...

Catn' Around said:
I thought the more fresh water inflow the better the tarpon fishing is suppose to be?
Several years ago we had a big discussion here about whether heavy runoff affected the tarpon fishing out of Galveston. We haven't had any major rains to coincide with with our window since then, but the last year I really saw good numbers of tarpon, there were water hycinths in the Gulf....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just joined last week and this is my first post I dont know a whole lot about Tarpon but I do know that they are not bothered by fresh water I have seen them in fresh water caves in Cozamel during a dive trip and some of the best Tarpon fishing in the world is found in the mouths of rivers in places like Costa Rica & Florida

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
yup

Saw a small school of large fish exactly 7.1 miles due east of the boat cut at 8 am 7/19. Nothing but trout tackle on board unfortunately. They were in an area with a bunch of shrimpers, daisy chaining.-Tom

·
Still a write in candidate HOMER '16
2,582 Posts
Tarpon in the surf

Was fishing a few miles west of SLP for trout yesterday evening when a 4+ foot tarpon rolled about 10 feet infront of me on the third bar. Made a fishless trip worth it. I tried to put a line infront of it for fun but had moved out of range.

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.