2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fish on!
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if there are any others like me running around this site? I specialize in corporate, MTSA, CFATS and NERC security. Here are some pics from my adventures.......

Attachments

·
Typical Texan
8,415 Posts
I am in a "round about way". I work for a company that has an iSCSI virtual storage array that is targeted at storing digital surveillance video. So, it's a technology company that does all of it's business with security integration companies, municipalities, and the gaming industry.

We also offer a serverless solution that houses the application server on a virtual machine that resides on the storage array. 2cool geek stuff; really!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Well lets, see, Fire and EMT background. 9 years police experience, took a 3 man part-time company and built to the 25th largest private security company in the nation in 23 and 1/2 years. Turned Baylor Health Securiy department around.

Working for a school district now and looking!!!!! I guess that is over 30 years. And I am a youngster.

I am also a Certified Protection Professional. ( CPP) One of about 4,000 people world wide with the highest certification in the industry.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I work in the Nuclear Security field. Protecting a Nuclear Power plant has been a quite interesting and constantly changing experience since 9/11.

Great White- We have a few folks who are CPP certified. There has been discussion on having some more of our personnel, including myself, get this certification. Congrats on obtaining the CPP. From what I hear this is not an easy certification to obtain.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I too am a CPP and also have all the PMI cert's.

Short Bang Bang... I am sure we know a lot of the same people...

There is this *** SEAL that comes into town everynow and then from New Mexico to check on stuff. He is a great friend of mine.

SF

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Study the Assests Of Protectional Manuals very hard. You can pass the test if you know these sets of manuals. You won,t make a 100 but you will pass. There are all kinds of books and special readings that they call for but I noticed on the test that you can pass if you know the POA manuals. I set them beside the thron and instead of reading the paper or my fishing manuals I studied and I passed.

I can remember the test as if it was yesterday. It was about nine years ago and it was opening day of deer season. The test was at Mary Kays Corporate Headquarters. I loaded my truck with all my hunting gear and figured I would be out in a short while and hunting that evening. Not. It took me 3 hours and 55 minutes. I finished wih 5 minutes left. I did not hunt that evening. The test is now all on computer and may not take as long. However, it is a intense test and you better know your stff. I personally know one so called security director of a all girls school here in Dallas that took the test three times and failed all three times. I think it has about a 60% pass rate. It is not easy at all and it does take some time. So, get those POA manuels and get started.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts