2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to this forum so ill tell u a little bit about myself im 15 and i have been fly fishing for four years.all i do now is fly fish offshore with my ten weight.I have caught ling,dolphin,kingfish,and bonito and other smaller species offshore on a fly rod in last two seasons but next season i will be able to drive so i plan on hittin it hard next year.do we got any offshore fly fisherman and fly fishin teens out there. im glad i found a good fly fishing forum cause i have never even met another saltwater fly fisherman other than chris phillips hes one of my buds. My fav species on a fly rod is kingfish.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Now's a good time to hit the surf, especially with the conditions that we have had. Plenty of specks, jacks, lady fish, smacks and sharks out there. And, barring a storm, it shouldn't do anything but get better. Get the full sink line out and see if you can snag a bull red. Let us know how you to.

Tight loops, Chris

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
Check out the Oct / Nov issue of Saltwater Fly Fishing, and you'll see a 6 page photo essay done on my boat, The Jammer II, with my co-guide Chris Phillips on fly fishing for Kingfish off the Texas coast. It was done by renowned photo journalist Tosh Brown. We caught about 8 kings that day in crystal clear water. We actually watched the fish take our clousers 40-50 ft down.

I agree they are the best on a fly rod. Great runs and fights. They say a bone fish picks up your fly and accelerates to 30 mph. A king fish HITS your fly at 30 mph.

THE JAMMER II
WWW.THEJAMMERII.COM

·
The Jammer
3,594 Posts
Check pages 24-29. It wasn't an article, it was a photo essay. Pictures of me and Chris Phillips, The Jammer II, my fly stretcher, flies, chum churn, etc. It was really a fun day. Tosh was an outstanding guy to work with.

THE " WOULDN'T B.S. YOU" JAMMER

ellisredfish said:
I have the Oct/Nov issue of Saltwater Fly Fishing but do not find any article concerning The Jammer II and fishing for kingfish off of the Texas Coast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.