2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Unorthodox Millenial
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, sorry. I will stop posting job threads when I find one I like!

I'd like to ask a few questions if anyone wants to pm me.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Is it anything at all like being an OTR truck driver? Running routes here and there? Do you work in pairs? Drive a while, sleep a while?
It's usually a conductor and engineer. You can only be on duty for 12 hrs, so if you don't make it to your destination they have to send a relief crew to come meet you and relive your crew. A van will come pick you up and take you the rest of the way to the office or hotel. Then do it all over again when you get called back out. Its mostly the same route each time.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Can I ask a question. Why do some blow their horns so long and often more than a dozen times between the hours of 1-5am? Some blow them "softly" at these times but not all.

Some nights i want to get out of bed,run down the track and jump on the train and beat the living poo out of someone.
Are there that many drunks parked on the tracks or something? I live on the outskirts of a small town. Probably 4-5 crossings in 5 miles and I "hear" all of them.
rant over

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's the rules, if it isn't a quite zone, you got blow at all crossings even if you can see that no one is approaching the crossing

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'm not looking for a job, but I find this pretty interesting!! Never thought about the conductors/engineers! Did think about checking on a part time job once driving the van!! But, didn't know where to look !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts