2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know about TKF but wanted to ask here. Anyone here do it? I was considering it and trying falcon lake for alligator gar. Any tips or helpful advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I cant stand in my yak but met this guy the other day at the creek that said he was going to give it a try in his Ride 135.

·
River predator
1,710 Posts
I bowfished in the river out of a 12 ft sit on top pelican. Not intended for standing up but with good enough balance it is possible.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I did out of a 12 footer in the Brazos river. let me tell you.. it aint easy! I about fell out when I let the string go. In a way I'm glad I missed because if I had hit him and not sat down fast enough Id be willing to bet I was going in the water with him.

anyways don't let me discourage you. Get out there and try it. just be sure to bring a buddy with you to have a witness to all the goofy dance moves you'll be doing trying to get in position.

·
River predator
1,710 Posts
Now I bowfish out of my little 1432 alumacraft. Skinny enough to navigate rivers and creeks while also having a 10HP long tail hanging off the back to get me wherever I want to go.

·
Registered
995 Posts
If I was thing of this I would use a BadA$$ sling shot that is made for bow fishing you should be able to shoot while still setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts