2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Y'all. Any suggestions on what could have killed all 6 of my tomato plants overnight? They were fine on Saturday after over 5 inches of rain. Sunday morning they were drooped over and leaves shriveled up. My other vegetables in garden were fine. My first thought was they were poisoned. Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Native Texan
10,975 Posts
We have had a LOT of rain recently. Doesn't really look like they are flooded but thats all I got.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm gonna say its some kind of root rot or fungus caused by excessive moisture, not necessarily drown because I would think the squash next to them would have drown also.

·
Taking shots at fish
2,247 Posts
A layer of Mulch might help keep the roots cooler and getting essentially steamed after the big rain followed by sun. Don’t see any mulch in your garden.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A layer of Mulch might help keep the roots cooler and getting essentially steamed after the big rain followed by sun. Don’t see any mulch in your garden. View attachment 4582480
A layer of Mulch might help keep the roots cooler and getting essentially steamed after the big rain followed by sun. Don’t see any mulch in your garden. View attachment 4582480
I've never put mulch in my garden... but that sounds like good advice thank you! Your garden looks good. I'm just sick about my tomatoes. I
I've never put mulch in my garden but that sounds like good advice thank you! I'm just sick about losing my tomatoes. I special ordered seed this year and then had to transport seedlings during freeze. Your garden looks great.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I think it may have been too much rain also and they baked in the sun afterwards. I had a few wilt at the tops but have all came back. 7 1/4 inches of rain. I do have mulch down. This is the first year I have put mulch down thru out my garden. Some of mine I can not replace this year. Great white, Russian orange citrus, and Atomic Grape. Also I just thought about something I did. Cut the top half off of your wilted plants and see if the bottom comes back. I had the tree rats cut off a couple tomatoe plant that could not be replaced and I let them go. They are doing really good and bushed out. They look like 2 plants in one.
20210506_100652.jpg
20210506_100529.jpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts