2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wifes grandmother is 90 and lived in sabine pass. Her house is gone along with everything she owned. I was wondering if anyone could give me an insite of how you go about obtaining all the government handouts that so many people recieve now days. She has always lived on her ss check but did not have any rent and minimal expenses, and now she does not have that. Any idea how to apply for food stamps, getting on Medicaid along with medicare, also anything else you know about. I know many people will criticize this posting, but she paid her taxes and everything the government has asked and now she is the one in need of a little help

Let's Go Fishin Boss!
7,913 Posts
mastercylinder said:
nobody is going to criticize a post for your wife's 90-year old grandmother. we're only critical of the able-bodied 30-something employed people who think the taxpayers owe them a generator. :smile:


Food Stamp Program for food stamps and medicaid

and have her go to the social security administration office where she is now staying.
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to mastercylinder again.


Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
She can also call to start the emergency food stamps: 512-973-9203


Winter Hater
9,448 Posts
some phone numbers

Survivor Assistance Hot Lines

  • American Red Cross
    Call 1-866-438-4636 for information on evacuation, shelter, and assistance.
  • Business Disaster Loans
    Call 1-800-659-2955 for program information or to receive a status update on your loan request. Available in English and Spanish, 8 AM to 9 PM EST Monday-Friday, and 9 AM to 6 PM EST Saturday and Sunday. (Small Business Administration, SBA)
  • FEMA Assistance
    Call 1-800-621-FEMA (1-800-621-3362); TTY 1-800-462-7585; or register online for assistance. You can request FEMA assistance or review your previous request; available in English and Spanish (Federal Emergency Management Agency, FEMA).
  • Gas Gouging
    Call 1-800-244-3301 if you believe there may be gas price-gouging, or price-fixing.
  • Houston Public Library
    Houstonians are invited to stop by to access all services, including computers and the Internet. The Central Library computer lab will be designated as the Hurricane Ike Assistance Room to file for FEMA aid, insurance claims, and emailing family and friends. Librarians will be on hand to offer assistance in finding and utilizing necessary online resources. Call (832) 393-1313 for specific branch information and hours.
  • Mail Delivery
    Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) to change your address, if you are unable to accept mail delivery at your permanent address (U.S. Postal Service).
  • Report Fraud
    Call the Disaster Fraud Hot Line at 866-720-5721 to report fraud, waste, abuse, or allegations of mismanagement involving disaster relief operations. You can also send a fax to 225-334-4704.
  • Social Security Benefits
    Call 1-800-772-1213 if you currently receive benefits from the Social Security Administration and are unable to get your payment. Available in English and Spanish, from 7 AM to 7 PM, Monday through Friday. (Social Security Administration)
1 - 9 of 9 Posts