2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Cannot help ya with your wiring but have you thought about going to Walgreens 24 hr or Wallmart and buying a couple cheap portable electric heaters to get you thru the night and until you figure out your plan B...like call the man....If you do just watch you do not overload wall outlets you plug them in to...They are not expensive and usually have a switch that allows for 700 or 1500 watts of heating per heater...Built in fan....

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks wife is in the bedroom with a heater now...The dog and I are stuck in the living room until I get this fixed. I just wish there was some standard code for wiring. Looking at the at the T-stat they have different terms and colors

·
"Wizards begin as blacksmiths"
6,256 Posts
The owner of this website just happens to be in the HVAC biz. You may want to call Weeks Service Company.

But in all honesty, since t-stats are low voltage, it should not be too hard to fix it. If you have the original paperwork it should be a simple matter of a misplaced wire. If you've tried all of the wire switching , and it still won't come on, it may be a problem with the actual furnace. In that case see my first paragraph. You'll need an expert.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Make sure that you are not trying to connect a Heat-Pump thermostat to a non Heat-Pump HVAC system or vice versa. I had a renter that said he new what he was doing replace his thermostat himself. It drove me crazy trying to figure out what was wrong.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
If you jump the red and white wires together, the heat should come on. Red goes to R and white goes to W. If you do that, and the heat does come on, it's in the thermostat. If it doesn't come on, it's in the unit.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
If if elec heat dont forget the "jumper" wire that goes from RC to RH.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts