2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old ******
4,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at a new 2005 Fountain 29 SportFish Cuddy with twin 250 Mercs. Anyone here have any experience with this or or a similar Fountain?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Fountain Experience

Sponge, let me just say upfront that you are getting a very biased opinion here. This is my second Fountian. My first was the cigarette sport style and now this offshore sportfisher. I can not speak for the 29' specifically but if it handles anything like the ones I have had, you won't be disappointed. They use the same hulls that they use on their race boats and sport boats. I believe their rigging to be top notch. Based on 20+ years of experience on the water and countless offshore titles, their hulls are efficient, strong, and proven to handle the rough stuff. In fact, Reggie recently moved the bar once again setting a new world record pushing a 42' over 166mph. I have owned several other boats in my life and tested countless others before I bought my first offshore Fountain but once I drove it, I was hooked. I could go on and on here but if you want to give me a call, I would be more than happy to answer any questions. Heck, we can even go fihsing if you like. PM me with your number.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Heck, I still want to know what happened to CHOGG and his whole sinking the 40' fountain thing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I run a 34 Fountain it is an awesome boat. Handles rough seas well and and very fast. The center console has a ton of fishing room!

·
Reel Gambler
3,748 Posts
On the USCG notice to mariners list I think they show it to be possibly adrift and the location unknown. I'm new to reading the notice, but I am pretty sure that is what it says. They are calling it a 39' P/C.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Dang, correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a 40' fountain be in the neighborhood of a $250-300k boat new? Thats a lotta boat to be floatin around out there! :)

Earl

Captn C said:
It could have been, but they are listing a boat on their page now.

·
Registered
99 Posts
29 Fountain Sportfish

I recently bought this same boat in a '97 model. So far, I can't say enough good things about it. Too much to list here.
PM me and we can talk via phone.

·
Registered
499 Posts
????

Cane Pole said:
I recently bought this same boat in a '97 model. So far, I can't say enough good things about it. Too much to list here.
PM me and we can talk via phone.
What do you know? You've only had it for 2 weeks. I guess the salesman told you what a good boat it was and the deal you got.... :) :bounce: :spineyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts