2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, first time poster on here, i just was pointed to this website from the texas fishing forum, and im loving it so far, lots of great info. I was wondering if there was any chance of getting some fishing in this weekend in between the rain. Im thinking of heading towards port a for sat. and sun but am very discouraged from the weather report. If i wasnt 7 hours away i wouldnt think twice but want to at least have a chance or getting in the water. I would be staying in rockport and fishing towards port a in a kayak. Now im not asking anyone to play weatherman but is there anybody down there that could encourage me and thinking i could get some fishing in between the rain storms or should i just call it all of all together, thanks for any help or advice, Brandon

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hargefish
Welcome to the board.
I would think twice before I would drive down for seven hours in the rain for a few hours of fishing that I might get in between rain shower. One, I'm an old guy at 67 yrs and on a fixed income and the price of gas helps me plan better to get the most out of my money.Second, I don't like lighting striking around me. I had two friends struck and killed by lighting, working cattle years ago.
But if you down to AP stop by Slowride shack on the main drag. He should have some ideal where to go and fish.

·
Texas Rod Builders
6,338 Posts
I agree with Troutless, 7 hrs. is a long haul for a possible washout. But, you can't catch'em if you don't have you're bait in the water. If you're flexible about when you can go, I'd hold out for a little better forecast. I feel your pain!...Anyway welcome, you're on the best site going. IMHO

1 - 5 of 5 Posts