2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmmmm.... and the plot thickens..... is it a trap???? or nottttttttt??

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNN
Ok justinsfa.....you busted me. I'm asking these questions for a reason. Here's the short version....Hunting Sunday morning in the back lakes in POC with 2 friend and my 12 yr old son. About 9 oclock (while we're still hunting) this guy in this camo boat wearing camo and a camo mask pulls right up to the blind. No big deal to me....I'll talk to anybody and he was very nice. The boat was completly empty. no decoys, guns, etc...What struck me as strange was the guy had a handheld GPS in his hand. I figured he was marking the blind since we were doing so much shooting (ie.....a 12 yr old doing alot of missing) He ask a few question....are you guys locals.....where yall from.....is this a guided trip. All these questions just ask through a normal conversation. He stated he was from Baytown. (Thus the Baytown questions.) As he left the blind he headed to my bay boat and drive right up to it. It looked as though he was trying to read the TX # on the side. Still......no big deal to me. As we finished up our hunt about 10 oclock, I'm driving the boat back to the blind guess who's driving up at the same time.....one of our local GW. I got the feeling that he must have been watching us for a little while. He was very nice to us as well. He checked birds and license.....everything was good. During our conversation, he ask if we were locals and if this was a guided hunt. Strange to me. I guess my real question is....did I meet a nice guy from Baytown wearing a facemask or did I meet an undercover GW? I feel the later.

·
Team Naughty Cool Fishing
846 Posts
There have been some undercover federals in POC for the last few weeks. seems some of the guides around there have been allowing hunters to shoot too many birds and such. Also some of the guides dont have captians license and such is what I have been hearing. I thing yalls house is just a couple blocks from mine. Im guessing its the one with HOOKEM HIDEOUT on the front. Just make sure that your within the laws and you have nothing to worry about. Hope yall killed a few. We will be down with alot of guys on Jan 9th for our annual duck hunt "drinking party".

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There have been some undercover federals in POC for the last few weeks. seems some of the guides around there have been allowing hunters to shoot too many birds and such. Also some of the guides dont have captians license and such is what I have been hearing. I thing yalls house is just a couple blocks from mine. Im guessing its the one with HOOKEM HIDEOUT on the front. Just make sure that your within the laws and you have nothing to worry about. Hope yall killed a few. We will be down with alot of guys on Jan 9th for our annual duck hunt "drinking party".
Yes that's us. Which direction are ya'll from my house? And yes we were legal. I'm sure it sounded like WWIII from our blind. A 12 yr. old and a few guys that don't get out very much......I would have checked us to.

·
846 Posts
Well the guy in the boat doesnt want to loose his cover so he doesnt really ask direct questions about the hunting. Im in the dark blue 2 story at the corner for washington and van buren. its for sale. We did a remodel on the whole thing about 2 years ago and before that it was a junkpile. If you ever have anyone pull up to your blind while hunting, you must always think that its a warden. They are all good guys that i have delt with in POC. Just doing their job, and I hope they keep it up so we can have ducks to shoot forever.

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree, they are just doing their job. Didn't bother me that they came by and I've never had a problem with any of them before. Really nice guys. Don't think we are going to be down that weekend in Jan. I think we will be there the wekend before and after. The #'s of birds are getting better. Did pretty well last weeekend. Headed down this evening for another round this weekend. Good luck to you guys.

·
846 Posts
ill be there for new years too, but wont get to do much hunting. we have christmas with my parents in seadrift. we will probably go to the guadalupe wma if the water is down enough and they have it open. glad to hear that there are some birds showing up down there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts