2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just who all uses a kayak in the bay around here (galveston, san luis, tx city)? i might be hanging up my spot lights here pretty soon and invest in a yak. i personally like the tarpon 120 and i just want to know who else fishes the bay in a yak just in case i have questions or want to hook up with a fellow kayak fisherman/woman

·
Charter Member
5,922 Posts
Info for ya...

If you haven't already, check out www.texaskayakfisherman.com.
You'll soon learn that there area lots of bay yakkers. Just throw it in the water and go. You'll only be limited by your imagination.

Christmas Bay, South shoreline of West Bay, or East Bay for that matter, and numerous other places are reachable that can produce fish for you.

Also, check out Ray Crawford's book "Honey Holes". It is written for the wade or kayak fisherman.

Good luck.
Mike

·
JimD
7,161 Posts
Check TKF

There have been some yaks for sale on the TKF board but not the best of deals. Too many neubies looking for a yak. Richard has a fair deal there for a 120 Orange probably under 800$ which is about retail for a 120 with rudder and no tax but he is getting rid of a lot of stuff in the package. Two currados,rods, good paddle, anchor, pdf, gps and some other stuff. Check the for sale forum.

My son and I are going down to SLP Thurs after work and spend the weekend in the pop up. I am taking both kayaks and we are just going to kayak, fish the surf, and night fish the lights at the KOA. He is 11 and we will probably be using shrimp which I have never used.

Many people have kayaks in the bay system inc our leader here Monty. Monty has the Big boy kayak- a OK Drifter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts