2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any baitshops/camps for sale along the coast? Mainly looking at Galveston but I'm open to any location. Or if there is some business leasing at a good location for a baitshop.

Thanks

·
www.jacksride.org
5,232 Posts
You might try West End, just past Jamaica Beach. I know Jerry has had it for sale for some time. Not sure what current status is now.

Good Luck.

fangard

·
Registered
756 Posts
As mentioned above, Galveston West End, past Jamaica Beach close to Nate's restaurant is a bait shop that has been for sale for some time. Last time i saw it was still for sale. Right on the road towards San Luis Pass.

Russ

·
Registered
50 Posts
That West End bait shop has a cool (if tired) filtration system. His shrimp are always lively. It has survived the storms. It has character.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thompson's

Thompsons was for sale before the hurricane,thank god I didn't pull the trigger on that one.Really nice people but I'm glad I didn't buy,it still might still be for sale.Excellent traffic in the fall and winter.

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Thompsons was for sale before the hurricane,thank god I didn't pull the trigger on that one.Really nice people but I'm glad I didn't buy,it still might still be for sale.Excellent traffic in the fall and winter.
West Bay bait & tackle is probably a good buy, but not on the water. The property is 3005 frontage and would be valuable for resale at the right price.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Gulf Coast Connections should start inserting 2 centerfolds in their magazine. 1 boat **** pic, and 1 bait shop girl of the month.

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
If I ran a bait shop I would have lots of things that Walmart doesn't have. Walmart is the Death Star for privately-owned bait shops.

·
www.jacksride.org
5,232 Posts
West Bay bait & tackle is probably a good buy, but not on the water. The property is 3005 frontage and would be valuable for resale at the right price.
Correct about the water. Jerry would load up tanks of seawater and refresh his bait holding periods every couple of days.

That shop is convenient to Jamaica, Pirate's, and Sea Isle. There is a pretty nice RV/Trailer Park a couple of hundred yards away.

If it were me, I would move all of the bait shop stuff downstairs and turn the upstairs into a burger joint. There are few food options on the west end.

·
Registered
737 Posts
You might want to try working at one for awhile. If you have live bait it is a 24 hour a day job even if your only open 12 to 16 hours. There are to many things you can't controll (weather/power failure) that can cost you big money. There is money to be made but imo there are much better investments.

·
Registered
15,011 Posts
You might want to try working at one for awhile. If you have live bait it is a 24 hour a day job even if your only open 12 to 16 hours. There are to many things you can't controll (weather/power failure) that can cost you big money. There is money to be made but imo there are much better investments.
2X. Could become a money pit or labor pit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts