2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of ya'll have experience with a Yamaha Big bear? Good Bad? I found a really good deal or actually it is family but its a great deal I think 2003 with like 75 hours he said he'd give it to me for 2500 it still has warranty. The only problem is it is red. Have ya'll every used any of the camo wrap or whatever? did it work? Thanks for any info you might have in advance.

·
Baitboy
276 Posts
I did the camo wrap thing on my honda 300, it was beige, I wish now I hadn't done it, it's tough to clean, I bought the fabric type and it frays and leaves a sticky residue when you pull it off, good luck if you try the stuff and like in earlier post deer are color blind...

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
No experiance with the big bear but we hunt with 2 kodiaks and they are nice . Been through alot of **** duck and goose hunting that we shouldnt go through and they are still running. Look for the camo clad 4 wheeler kits. I dont know if Academy sells them but BPS does.

·
I once killed two stones with one bird..
688 Posts
That should be the 400 model. The Big Bear was originally a 350, but in '02 or '03 it went to 400cc. I'd jump on that deal ...........with both feet. It's standard shift, which is what you want if you're riding in the mud and water a lot, or pulling heavy loads in the mud. I wouldn't worry about the color. If you're parking it close enuf that the color will matter, you're parking too close. If the color really bothers you, they sell pull-over covers for really cheap. I'd go with that before I'd camo it. Even with camo plastic, you still have reflection off the racks, headlights, etc.
Good luck.

·
Registered
335 Posts
If deer could see any other color than shades of gray...we could not get close to them in our bright orange...especially in tree stands...besides the noise chases them off if you park to close to the hunted area...ATV motors make the big ones move on ...just like chain saws that they hear all of the time in wooded leases..

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Remember, back in the 1980's, when you bought a 4-wheeler, you wanted something that had ample power, but a light frame? Lots of guys liked the Suzuki 230 because of that. Honda's big red 3-wheeler was favored because of its weight. My family bought a HOnda 200 FourTrax in 1986. It was one of the heavier models for the year. (It still runs fast and hard & I hauled out an 8pt with it last November).

Now that 1986 FourTrax is a lightweight. These 4x4 400's and 600's will just about set your 1/2 ton truck frame down on the axles.

My point is that the $7000 one will get just as stuck as the $2000 one. When my little Honda gets stuck, I just pick it up, out of the hole, then blast off to my next idiot maneuver. Why buy a 600# bike to haul 3 bags of corn?

·
Sky Liver Eatin nujaC
909 Posts
Mine is a big bear 350 4x4, 1993. Bought off ebay, drove to alabama to get it. Hell of a deal. Been through every thing, carried my self(300lbs) and 10 bags of corn. Pulled 16foot low boy through mud, etc. only thing is i go through a spark plug 2wice a year. Feul fowling. No front brakes, minimal bake brakes, and the cv joint s pop when I turn now. have yet to have any major prb. Starts first time, every time.

As far as camo out- No need, just get the walmart camo cover, or use the burlap thing. shoot the fact that itll be used for duck hunting youll have plenty of mud on the thing. they aint a dry ride like the hondas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts