2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went ~5 yrs and did nothing but baitcasting, but the last several have all been spinning? His wife wanted a "7' L-ML spinner for wading w/ soft plastics, his name, blue/slver thread, keep the costs down". Batson IP842...sweet little blank for the money.

Attachments

·
Registered
10,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're Batson rubberized cork/hard EVA from Swampland...I had several pieces laying around and cut the tenon off of one and reshaped them on the lathe...I think the fore was a butt piece, too. Hey, she said "keep the costs down" ...no fluor cork /checkers or acrylic inserts on this one.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Beautiful tiger Jerry. Is the name a weave? If so, looks great. How do you keep cost down with a weave? Nice colors too.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I thought about buying that blank from Lance but I already have an Allstar 842 that I haven't built so I went with an MHX SJ843. And I too am building it as a spinner for moi. I am going to put a set of those MicoWave guides on it. I changed out the first guide on my friend Jim's spinning rod and took it outside for a test cast. It casts very well. I like your rod by the way.

·
World famous artic explorer
469 Posts
Knowing Jerry he weaved that name...In under 40 minutes;) hahaha!
Great movement on that tiger,and very clean throughout!...I really wish Batson would release that EVA in straight stock:/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts