2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2 brother's Bigrod and ARod invited me on a last minute quick trip to San Luis Pass. We hit the water at almost midnight. Maybe 5 other boats out there. After a bit we were catching specks. It was moderate, about 1 every 5th cast. Started to pickup around 1:30am. About 2:00am we were in em thick. Every cast speck or big sandies. Had multiple doubles on speck rigs. Freelined shrimp also and caught specks to 23in. All the other boats left too early. When they left it was like someone turned on a light switch and we had more trout in our lights than we new what to do with. We caught 3 limits, and then some. Probably caught 75 to 100 trout. Left em biting every cast at 4:15am. Caught mucho shad and yellowtails for offshore bait also with casting net. Another great trip with family. Here's one pic from camera phone, post better pics this evening after sleep, goodnight/morning. Hotrod!

Attachments

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
yea ! jus left the seawall and again watched steady action around east of the flagship and the beachfront is smooth!

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here's some more pics. Seems we miscounted, 26 specks, 2 sandies in the box. Oh well, let 4 make it for next time. We couldn't fit anymore in the cooler we had anyway. Me and ARod, Bigrod couldn't make the pics. The tides and water we good last night. Thanks, guys.

Attachments

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys. My brother went again last night and did it again.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We were set up close to the Galveston side, maybe 10 to 15 pilons out. I have a 2000watt light thats enough. 3 people can fish in that light. I also have another for the other side but we didn't need to set it up. We were anchored within casting distance of the bridge, a little further won't hurt. For us the bite has been late, in the am hours. Take trout rigs and live shrimp, good luck and tear em up.

·
Concrete Contractor
12,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No, its loud. But it don't bother me or the fish.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts