2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i know this has been hashed around before,but i fished the channel monday with an old friend,hadn't fished together in a long while.we get to seawolf, park on the side of the road as i have done many times over the past 15 years.start getting suited up,the guy parked in front of me is talking to a dude in a U of A&M pick up truck.he calls me over,appears to be a leo for A&M.truck marked had the red and blues in the grill.he tells us that galv p.d. is starting to tow no parking on the shoulder at all.he wasn't telling us to leave just warning us.so basically we wasted valuable fishing time figuring out what todo.so this cop goes down the road telling others he sees.well i didn't want the hassel of getting towed,so i sent my buddy down to the channel and paid that smirky faced little weasel at the park 12 bucks then walked back to the channel to fish.we we had our 4 fish by 9.caught probably 10 keepers .kinda weird throwing back 16"-17" flatties.then i hiked back to the park to get the truck and pick up my buddy.he was going to hold on to my stringer while i got the truck,i said no big deal i'll carry em. while i was hiking the gw showed up,think he would've stopped my bud if he had my 2 plus his?that would be 4 in possesion,they were onseperate stringers.does anyone out there know someone that knows about the parking deal ?i have never had any one tell me i couldn't park there before.so whats the skinney?:mad:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Not an answer to your question but my experience with what you're talking about, hope it helps::bounce:

My wife and I went there one 2 weeks ago on saturday morning. We had shown up about 6:30am. Got out of the truck and started gearing up when the police showed up and got on his loud speaker and said it was illegal to park on the shoulder and he was warning if we did park then we'd be towed so I dropped my wife off and paid for parking +1 at the gate.

Then as we left we saw another police car and the gw. There were tons of vehicles parked on the shoulder and no tow truck in sight. Maybe its a gimmick to get more revenue for swp.

We went there last saturday and decided to park on the shoulder, caught our limit then checked in with the parked gw, nice fellow. Went there on Monday and did the same thing.

·
Registered
603 Posts
maybe if SWP would only charge you $6.00 to park and allow you to wade fish for free in tx waters and only charge you $6.00 more dollars if you want to get on the pier , less people would park on the side of the road. How would you feel if you were to go to east beach pay to park and then pay to get in the water and play?

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,218 Posts
theres signs all over the place that say NO PARKING! what part of that do you not understand? and i don't care how many times you have parked there before. count yourself lucky that you have not been towed before.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
theres signs all over the place that say NO PARKING! what part of that do you not understand? and i don't care how many times you have parked there before. count yourself lucky that you have not been towed before.
The part of that, that I understand is that if you park PAST those signs then you can and will get towed. If you park before them then it's ok. If they are threatening to tow a vehicle then they need to put up more signs. Sounds like to me that they are starting to feel the crunch of those not willing to pay thier exuberant fee's in the park, so now they are reaching out. Basstages! It's sad to hear all of this. Before you know it there will be no more areas for the common folk to catch fish unless someone gets thier cut!

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,218 Posts
The part of that, that I understand is that if you park PAST those signs then you can and will get towed. If you park before them then it's ok. If they are threatening to tow a vehicle then they need to put up more signs. Sounds like to me that they are starting to feel the crunch of those not willing to pay thier exuberant fee's in the park, so now they are reaching out. Basstages! It's sad to hear all of this. Before you know it there will be no more areas for the common folk to catch fish unless someone gets thier cut!
the signs are not from SWP, they are from the city or state, whoever controls the road. common sense tells you that you can't park on the side of that road as there is not a place to really park. its been that way for many years, they have not pushed it to hard till now.

·
US Army Aviation NSDQ!
3,750 Posts
the signs are not from SWP, they are from the city or state, whoever controls the road. common sense tells you that you can't park on the side of that road as there is not a place to really park. its been that way for many years, they have not pushed it to hard till now.
I can fully park my truck on the side of the road. There is plenty of room. They have signs further up, if they dont want us to park further down, then they should have signs the length of the road. Everywere else, that is how the law is. Why should they be any different? No parking signs...no parking, but if there are no signs then it should be okay to park.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well the bank fisherman does'nt have that many options since Ike and the people at SWP know that ! so what are they doing ? they are sticking it to you! why because they can! Bunch a greedy Mofos

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,218 Posts
I can fully park my truck on the side of the road. There is plenty of room. They have signs further up, if they dont want us to park further down, then they should have signs the length of the road. Everywere else, that is how the law is. Why should they be any different? No parking signs...no parking, but if there are no signs then it should be okay to park.
the side of the road is not a parking lot for fishermen or anyone else. so you would say its ok to park on the side of the highway so you can go fish?

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
So park on the side of the road and take your chances. If your truck gets towed don't be doing any complaining. Just go get it.:slimer:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i understand very well,i fished there before the noparking signs were there,people parked upto the gate.then noparking between the signs.so how do YOU under stand it.no parking any where along the road?you don't seem to understand,its all about the money at seawolf park .they want to force us to pay for access to public fishing !this doesn't bother you ?well it bothers me,like parking meters for the seawall paying to park on sand at apfel,and stewart beach. yea i understand .

·
Registered
110 Posts
If i got towed i would take it to court because you are parking where there isnt a tow sign. So whats the problem.

·
RIDE RED,HONDA!
10,218 Posts
If i got towed i would take it to court because you are parking where there isnt a tow sign. So whats the problem.
theres no problem here. go park, fish and when they tow your truck, come back to this thread and tell us all about how you were towed and LOST in court and how much it cost you in court cost and tow fees:an6:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts