2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
go to the grocery store, buy 2 cans jalapenos, a can black beans, quart milk, green onions, and can vienna sausages. walk the basket to the the door area, 15 foot from the door, walk maybe 20 steps back over to see if they had something i might be looking for, turn around to go back to my basket/door and poof my plastic bag left in the cart was GONE, went to the door asap, saw no one, went back in didnt see no one, only 2 peeps i saw, said they saw nothing. got the manager to go look at the camera and didnt see nothing? told me since i had my recipt, just go get what i had, but i said, nope its not your stores fault it was mine own , i shoulda known not to give a thief an edge cause thell take it when they can, BUT greens to ya thief , cause this was your lucky day, probably sold my 8 bucks worth of stuff for a buck to buy a cheap [email protected]* beer.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
They only need a couple seconds to rip ya off in these stores....

Your experience is exactly what my Daughter experienced in a Tulsa Walmart couple months ago...

Walked just couple feet away from her cart to grab item off top shelf and when she turned around her purse had been snatched from the upper section of her cart...

Car keys, check book, credit cards, social security card (her bad for having in her purse), drivers license, etc, etc...

Took her over 2 months to get all involved in her ID theft reported, get new drivers license, new social security card, new checking account and checks, credit report notifications, etc, etc...

Remind your ladies how dangerous it is to place your purse in the carts...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I can thank God I live in a part of the world where folks still respect each other. I can walk out my door and go to walmart or Rouses and not have to lock my door and come back an hour later and everything is still there.........

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Sorry to hear that roundman. But remember you are in Galveston and they are wanting more government housing than there is now. So its only going to get worse.

·
http://talesofhumor.blogspot.com/
4,635 Posts
Yeah, I like little old quiet San Angelo where we rarely lock our doors in my neighborhood..

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Yeah, I like little old quiet San Angelo where we rarely lock our doors in my neighborhood..
That reminds me I need to get door knobs with locks for my outside doors. Haven't had any for years. Just bedroom door knobs.:)

·
Jedi Knight and Friend to Captain Solo
17,027 Posts
go to the grocery store, buy 2 cans jalapenos, a can black beans, quart milk, green onions, and can vienna sausages. walk the basket to the the door area, 15 foot from the door, walk maybe 20 steps back over to see if they had something i might be looking for, turn around to go back to my basket/door and poof my plastic bag left in the cart was GONE, went to the door asap, saw no one, went back in didnt see no one, only 2 peeps i saw, said they saw nothing. got the manager to go look at the camera and didnt see nothing? told me since i had my recipt, just go get what i had, but i said, nope its not your stores fault it was mine own , i shoulda known not to give a thief an edge cause thell take it when they can, BUT greens to ya thief , cause this was your lucky day, probably sold my 8 bucks worth of stuff for a buck to buy a cheap [email protected]* beer.
I really doubt that there is a black market for black beans and green onions. We all know that there are folks that will steal anything that isn't chained down, and even some that will cut the chains and steal that too. But in the current economic conditions, the most likely culprit for stealing a small bag of groceries is someone that is actually hungry.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not making excuses for a thief. But you might consider that.

·
RIP Sandollr
2,526 Posts
I really doubt that there is a black market for black beans and green onions. We all know that there are folks that will steal anything that isn't chained down, and even some that will cut the chains and steal that too. But in the current economic conditions, the most likely culprit for stealing a small bag of groceries is someone that is actually hungry.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not making excuses for a thief. But you might consider that.
Hey Poke, I do agree with you, but wouldn't it have been better to ask? I understand pride, but I betcha if they had ask, roundman would've gave them that and prolly more.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
What is the name of this Casserole?

Sounds like it could get pretty violent about 4 hours after eating...
ill have to try that maybe take place on menudo fer a haangover! i was at arlans by utmb, the japls. were for deer chili, and the black beans were to go with my fish tacos, green onion for my pico ge gallo, the milk to cool off my [email protected]* the next morning, and i have a mockingbird that visits me a couple times aday on my front porch that is partial to vienna sausages, and yes i use to weld/single/rig/in the plants/oilfield.etc whooo , time for a cool one! and yes if somebody ever asked for food , id buy what i could in a ny minuite but no cash cause ive watched to many take the change they get and run right to the wine shop. theres no black market for that fer sure BUT several times ive seen people try to sell stuff like meat, even deodorant before for whatever you would give them , knowing they ripped off a store or someone for it. sitting in a bar one time(first time ever) a lady walked in trying to sell ribeyes and t bones( they steal the best, knowing someone will buy that) and wanted half of what the cost was, no one bought any and she left a guy said she steals it from walmart/kroger/etc,, maybe the deodorant thing were trying to tell me sumpin sumpin

Attachments

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Your experience is exactly what my Daughter experienced in a Tulsa Walmart couple months ago...

Walked just couple feet away from her cart to grab item off top shelf and when she turned around her purse had been snatched from the upper section of her cart...

Car keys, check book, credit cards, social security card (her bad for having in her purse), drivers license, etc, etc...

Took her over 2 months to get all involved in her ID theft reported, get new drivers license, new social security card, new checking account and checks, credit report notifications, etc, etc...

Remind your ladies how dangerous it is to place your purse in the carts...
That is why when I get a cart, I strap the baby restraints through my purse loops first. I was in Mississippi on a job and did that at a Walmart...this guy asked me what I was doing and I told him that if I turned my back for a second and someone tried to grab my purse....it wouldn't be as easy since it was strapped in. He said he was going to go home and tell his wife to do that.

Hey roundman...that recipe sounds good...mind posting it on the Recipe Forem? Maybe the jalapenos are wreaking havoc on him/her this morning. One could only wish.

·
Banned
5,088 Posts
That is why when I get a cart, I strap the baby restraints through my purse loops first. I was in Mississippi on a job and did that at a Walmart...this guy asked me what I was doing and I told him that if I turned my back for a second and someone tried to grab my purse....it wouldn't be as easy since it was strapped in. He said he was going to go home and tell his wife to do that. Then, when I turned my back the first time, he sliced the straps and stole my purse.

Hey roundman...that recipe sounds good...mind posting it on the Recipe Forem? Maybe the jalapenos are wreaking havoc on him/her this morning. One could only wish.
There, I fixed it for you. :D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Its worth so much to not even have to lock up the car or house , and im thankful for it !
I cant even imagine having to deal with that kinds stuff. Sorry for your loss.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts