2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So you guys got me to thinking about oysters now... and i gotta go get me a sack... Is there anywhere near Port A, Rockport, etc where i can pick up a sack? or Am i gonna have to swing thru Galveston on the way home?

·
5th Generation Texan & Proud Of It.
403 Posts
I have never been there but there is an Alby's Seafood market on 35 in Rockport. They always have a big pile of oyster shells out back so I know they deal in them. I googled them and the info is below. the site is http://www.albysseafood.com/
Alby's Seafood
3402 Highway 35 N.
Fulton, Texas
Phone: 361-729-1521
Fax: 361-729-4090

·
Banned
2,863 Posts
You can probably get them at Alby's. I know they have fresh oysters, as I picked up a gallon there Sunday afternoon. I tried my hand at shucking some last year; I did too much damage to my hands for the difference in price.(even with a glove on!)

·
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have never been there but there is an Alby's Seafood market on 35 in Rockport. They always have a big pile of oyster shells out back so I know they deal in them. I googled them and the info is below. the site is http://www.albysseafood.com/
Alby's Seafood
3402 Highway 35 N.
Fulton, Texas
Phone: 361-729-1521
Fax: 361-729-4090
Thanks! Alby's has 'em for $27 a sack!

·
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jay, if you get close to Galveston I'll take you and your family to Gilhooley's to eat some of those BBQ oysters I was telling you about!
Thanks for the offer! but even if we come up thru Galveston it'll be way too early in the morning for oysters :) ... but the next time I'm coming thru I may take you up on it :)

·
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Casterline's Seafood in Fulton... Close personal friends with Les, he's a Game Warden in Corpus now, and Bubba his dad runs the place with his Dad's brother Frank. Great folks.
this the place?
Casterline Fish Co

110 N Casterline Dr
Fulton, TX 78358
(361) 729-6174

1 - 10 of 10 Posts