2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the Chronical Today. Couple subdivisions that have "open beaches" under the new plan suing because its unfair to allow access via motor vehicle in front of their neighborhodds, but not the others. Concentrates all the traffic, or so it says.

Sorry, can't figure out links, but it make some interesting reading.

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the link.

What was the real reason the judge did not side with TOBA in their case?

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
believe the judge said TOBA did not have standing to bring the suit. sounds like horse-hockey to me.

Maybe this one will actually get somewhere.

Hey Ernest - maybe the Bolivar residents should get together and sue the city of Galveston for the increased traffic we are seeing in CB. What do you think? :D

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Randy

TOBA had nothing to do with this complaint. Theres alot of other folks who dont like what is going on. I love it. The fools are getting hit from the left and the right. What we need now is, some really bad weather. LOL

·
----------------------------------------
23,724 Posts
Flinga- In the news story, it mentioned the lawsuit filed by TOBA, but the author
neglected to name our organization's name in his story.

Can't make it tonite, got band rehearsal. When ya'll gonna have a meeting on any
night 'cept Tues, dangit?? haha

MEGABITE

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Bummer bro.

You need to talk to Drew about the meetings being on Tuesdays. Id prefer Sunday mornings. LOL.

·
Just an old ?
6,830 Posts
The TOBA suit was filed in State District court in Austin, which was the appropriate thing for us to do. The judge (Davis) decided that he did not have jurisdiction which equates to TOBA not having standing to sue.

These folks in Galveston have sued in Federal court under the 14th amendment. Totally different ball game. The complaint is asking for declarations and injunctions. Mainly, they want the Federal judge (Kent) to issue an injunction against Galveston requiring the City to place bollards at both ends of the stretch of sand in front of their properties/subdivisions to keep vehicles off of the beach.

They think that it is patently unfair that the City/State would take vehicles off of the beaches in front of every subdivision on the island, tell CENTEX that vehicles WILL BE taken off of the beach for their development and then tell these folks they have to have vehicles on the beach in front of theirs at least four days per week for diversity's sake.

Quite frankly, they have a valid argument, but not one in our favor unless Judge Kent decides that the only fair thing to do is to open up all of the beach to vehicles in order to provide equal treatment to all subdivisions. I could go for that.

The complaint is on the TOBA forum.

http://www.tobaforum.org/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Tom

·
Registered
13,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry, when he said the "real reason," I thought there might be more to the story. My bad.

I think a good bit of the increased traffic on our side is the beer ban.

·
Registered
26,147 Posts
yup, I agree. that, and you can drive and camp on the beach. I'm seeing more campsites on the beach this year than ever before.

·
Old School
28,538 Posts
Welp

Weve all had our little vacations. Maybe its time to get back to work. I hate to bring this up guys, but unless we get some serious help, we may have to raise some more money.

Nobody said it would be easy.:texasflag

·
Malt Beverage Diety
1,385 Posts
Fundraiser

Iff'n that's what we gotta do, then you know I'm there bro...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.