2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my little brothers 08 f250 took a screwdriver into door handle today. Sad thing is my sister took it to school cause her car was blocked in they got it in the AHS parking lot.

The cameras do work in the parking lot BUT only can see the first 2 rows. So hes pretty much SOL

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
been there done that....twice, the second time they took the truck. One little thing he can do is have the front door handles with rear door handles (no key holes) obviously this isn't a fix all but it makes it a little harder to get into and the next time the crook may move on to an easier target.

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,160 Posts
Police News for December 10, 2009 Police news published in The Daily News:

+++

15 Cars, 6 Garages Burglarized

FRIENDSWOOD — Police are probing a rash of automobile and garage burglaries along three residential streets, authorities said Wednesday.

Ten residents from Winchester and Remington courts and Laurelfield Drive on Tuesday reported break-ins of 15 cars and six garages, Friendswood police said.

None of the cars or garages was locked, police said.

Items taken included a Friendswood Mustang basketball uniform, a Honda generator, purses, credit cards and GPS systems, police said. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, last week i got ripped at arlans for a bag of groceries as i turned my back as i was leaving and walked 20 steps to look at something , came back to my cart , gone, camera showed nothing ? 2 days ago i went to the stop and rob by my house, got home no wallet, camera yesterday showed i put my wallet in my pocket, i dont know how it magicly dissappered when i got home. if i did drop it no one has brought it back, already had /and going thru replacing, cards, tdl, fish licsense etc,, pita! thivery is def. on the rise.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I replaced 2 handles allready and said heck with it and just quit locking it. Sad part is they'll probably still break the lock without even checking to see if it's open. I just dont leave anything in it.

·
Make America Great Again!!!
2,173 Posts
This sucks! Had my 05 GMC z71 broken into on Nov. 19th. At the Hwy 6 & 288 park-n-ride in broad daylight. Stole my radio, Maui Jim glasses, and ipod. A vehicle 4 cars from mine was broken into as well.
This ****** me off, there is nothing worse in this world than a thief!

That really sucks that it happened at school too....... Whats this world coming to?

·
Retired
1,590 Posts
The lock on my F-250 got punched in during the first week of Nov. in the H.E.B. parking lot in Baytown, I wasn't in the store 10 min. They got a Walmart bag that was on the back seat that had 200 rounds of .45 ammo and 500 rounds of .22 CCI Mini-Mags in it. The center console was open but they didn't get everything out of it. *****%#!&'s

·
Mike
1,054 Posts
That sucks. Lordy, I hate a thief.

We see the same M.O. in the Austin area. It's not just isolated to Houston. The parking lot at Cabela's in Buda is notorious for car break-ins in broad daylight. Even with the security cameras and police patrols they still get hit often.

The sad thing is that the majority of trucks hit are the Ford Super Duties because of that big, plastic insert around the door handle. Ford knows this is an issue but they won't redesign the handle to make more secure.

With that said, no vehicle is really secure so take precautions and hide valuables or better yet don't leave valuables in your car.

I only posted this as a public service...intended to educate...not to offend or point fingers or blame. So please take it as intended.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah my dads f350 was also broken into last month in his drive way. Its a work truck so nothing valuable was taken. But his job was done by a rookie. they Messed up the door handle bad! my brothers had to be done by a pro. Just a small scratch where the pick went in the handle

·
Registered
217 Posts
I replaced my door handles to the ones without the key hole. Well that hasn't stopped them! They just go in on the bottom of the insert. Last time it happened was at Academy 59 and Kirby, I was in there 5 min, come out and steering column was all loosened up. Didn't take anything either.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
I have had 2 break ins. When i lived in Florida I had aguy punch my locks and stole my phone. So I called him and he answered. He told me to Farg off. I was going to say the same thing until the thought of him vandalizing my car. I never fixed the locks because there is no reason. If a burglar wants to get in he is going to get in. Last spring they broke in and broke my ignition and then drove away. luckily they got greedy and tried to steal the neighbors wave runners. The neighbors saw it called the cops and they stopped them before they could take off with the vehicle. They didnt catch teh guys but at least I got my truck back. Lot of good the factory alarm did. Why fix these things just because it is so easy to steal. If they want it they are going to take it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts