2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished Island Beach State Park yesterday and had one of the best days fishing the beach ever!
A Blue Fish blitz hit at 7am and lasted till 8:45am. Most blue fish crash the area and move on just as quickly as they came, but these fish were every where and held the area.

I was parked on the beach since 5am but didn't have a tap till these great fighting maniacs arrived. I caught over 20 fish and have a blister on my thumb from reeling in to prove it. :spineyes:

Soon after they hit every guy with a pole was swarming the area to get in on the action.

Here are a few pictures.
Enjoy

·
Life is tough, tougher if you are stupid
3,507 Posts
Nice fish!

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
WOW! I'm assuming that they are good to eat since you kept them..neve have eaten any...they look like a fish the could bust some bait and make a ruckus..how FUN

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
NurseD-bait said:
WOW! I'm assuming that they are good to eat since you kept them..neve have eaten any...they look like a fish the could bust some bait and make a ruckus..how FUN
Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:eek:hwell:
Well, lets put it this way.........I DON'T LIKE THEM........but lots of people I know LOVE them.
The meat is grey and has a dark strip that runs along the meat. Its best to cut out the dark strip because it tastes REALLY OILY.
That's enough to gag me, but some people eat that part too. My mother and buddies wife are two that I know off hand.

Me? I prefer the white flakey meat of a Striped Bass, but up this way you take what ever grabs your hook.:cheers:

And yes.......they are a "Rucus". Great fighting fish!

·
senor member
6,148 Posts
They are pretty popular on the sw coast of Florida. I've seen the meat, and like we were told it is gray.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haparks said:
what is the temp of the water every one is staying out--dont those fish have some serious teeth--- is there a fish called a black fish up there---
LOL The water was about 60 degrees. I had a bathing suit on and a T-shirt.

Yeah, Blues can take your finger off if your dumb enough too get to close to those jaws while D-hooking them. I grab them under the gills when I'm removing diomond jigs or metal.

Yes, black fish (Tog) are up in these waters but they're caught off deep water wrecks. The big ones anyway.

;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts