2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the 3rd year I have hunted on this place. It is owned by a friends family. I am the only paying person on here. It is a small tract of land in Doss, 65 acres. I am the only one who goes up there multiple times a year to help him ready the place for the season. But every year when season rolls around so do other members of the family. NO ONE shoots does except me. Lets just say that more bucks that I can count on my hands have been shot. Not all recovered, but shot. Maybe some lived I dont know. I was only able to go when he was there, which sucked because there were several weekends I could have gone but he wasnt there. Everone else hunted way more than I did because they had alot of days off etc... I was under the impression that no one else was going to hunt because they didnt pay or at least help. Anyway I worked my butt off, planted a food plot, blah, blah, blah. I left my atv up there all season for them to use, built a new box blind. So I am pretty upset with the lack of management, and respect for me being the only paying and helping person. I wanted to bring it up several times but just bit my tongue as it is his property and they were his family but I think it was f'ed up. No freaking wonder I didnt see many deer. Loaded all my **** this morning and I will be looking for a new place as of yesterday so if anyone has any leads let me know. Just wanted to rant a little. I feel better now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well, I agree you should find another place to hunt. You were getting bent over pretty good... or bad...

Don't ever get on a place where you have to have someone else be there for you to be there. If I pay to get on a place, I will be there when I want to.

·
One more cast....
11,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your not goingto have a program on a low fence 65 acre place...move on.
Yeah I know but I just think they should keep the future in mind instead of blasting everything. There is potential to be really nice deer there

1 - 6 of 6 Posts