2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
100% BS
7,120 Posts
mature, low 120's. he is a very fine deer. I like the webbed splits on his g2's. he is a main frame 8.

·
Give it hell Remy!
42,851 Posts
I'd say he is 3.5 and would make somewhere between 115 and 120. Hard to get a gauge on him at that angle only.

·
Registered
886 Posts
No expert but I am gonna say 3.5

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the only other pic I have during daylight, he is shedding velvet in this pic. If I had not bought the Moultrie I40's I might have had some better pics.

Attachments

·
RIP HRCH Daniels Sonny Slough 05.24.2016
1,571 Posts
First glance I thought he was pretty young when I saw that long skinny lookin neck, but Im gonna say hes 4.5 after looking at his body a little closer.

Maybe 120 cause hes only a mainframe 8 and the loss of 2 mass measurements hurts him bad.

·
Registered
462 Posts
There's a good sag starting in the back and the belly...that doesn't happen until around 4.5...a 3.5 yr old deer isn't going to have any sag in his back whatsoever. The frontal pic shows him to be a little bigger than the first pic. Like surfspeck said even though you're going to call him a 10pt he's a mainframe 8pt and you will therefore lose the extra two mass measurement and therefore probably 7" or so. I'm putting him between 125-130. I think it'd be in the low 130's if he was a mainframe 10pt.

Now, that aside...I LOVE the split G2's. The webbing in there looks awesome and it's even cooler that it's consistant on both sides. If this were out in West Texas it might make me wonder if perhaps a mulie buck got him some White...tail :) Very cool though!!! If you're in a well managed area I'd let him go another year or two if nothing else but to spread the genes. If you're not in a well managed area then I'd give you the green light to take him because he is mature (even though he could add 10 or so inches next year).

Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
He looks young in the face and long legged to me Joe. And I'm not real sure he'd be legal in an antlerrestricted county, probably is but not obviously so. I'd have to guess he's on the young side of mature, 2.5 or more probably 3.5.

Course, I'm a duck hunter. ;) I love the look of the split tines!

·
Pirate Looking At 40
611 Posts
TXPalerider said:
3.5.....120s. Probably high 120's with the spits.
Ditto, Would like to see him in a couple of years
Fine buck....

·
Tripped Outtings
2,261 Posts
wow

where's that deer from. Looks to me like he has some Mule mixed in somewhere in the gene pool(look at the ears). would account for the longer legs as well. i"d say 3.5 and mid 120's.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These were taken at our lease on the west side of Fort McKavett. We have several deer running around with the split G2's.

We do have a good management plan in place with over 13k acres being bowhunting only and feeding protein.

I had already decided that this deer needs another year and for no other reason to make it through one more rut.

Myself, I beleive the deer to be 4.5 with the shape of the gut and back. I know the neck throws that off but thats my best guess. He would probably score in the mid 120's as a main frame eight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts