2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Husband First, Fisherman Second...
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What programs you ya'll using to make the little animated pictures on the bottom of your messages? I have a cool Idea for one. And since we are slow today, looks like I'll need something Cool to keep me busy. Thanks

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
most of the images you see posted are part of the smilie collection and if you are using the default settings on the board, available by clicking on the white smilie just to the right of the black A
:an6:

·
Administrator
23,848 Posts
there's any number of programs to do that, but Fireworks or Photoshop are probably the best. If anyone has any that they want added to the collection, email them to me and I will add them in. I added a few new ones yesterday.

:ac1090:

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Yes

you can make them but the easy way is to do a search, you can find 1000's made by people. Just watch out for some that come in popups, they or the links usually have spyware involved.

Attachments

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
I use photoshop and Image ready. I'm still learning and it's alot of work to make things look right.
My friend told me about another gif animator called Animajic and he likes it.
You could also go to google and do an image search with the .gif extension.
--Hop

·
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just downloaded some freeware, called Movies13. It's a 2D animation program. Was Image ready free. HOP...I'm assuming you made your images in photoshop then put them in Image Ready(??) to make them run frame to frame?

·
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One more HOP

What size did you make your little design(frame size)? I hate to work hours on frames and not be able to download it somewhere because it was too big or too small. Thanks

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
OK ....just checked......edit signature in your control panel.....you can put URL addresses in between img boxes.....img in parentheses on back side needs the slash /

like this:

i thinks if you've already made your .gif....you could insert it inbtwen the img boxes too.

To get URL address of animated gif you find browsin....just right click it.....choose "properties".......and that is the link to use for just the animation instead of the whole page

...but check the page you're on....some owners of website...don't likes ya to link their stuff....there's lots of free stuff out there......do a google search for "animated gifs.".......have fun

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hop,
Is there any way that you can get that girl on the beach to stand up?

Allicat, yours is cool too.

Brian, when you get it figured out, you can make one for me. I don't get along with computers that well. Take care.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Image ready came with Photoshop.
All you have to remember on the size is to keep your pixels under 500-600 wide. The image I did is 500x115 I think. You can check the size of images on web pages by right clicking on them and checking the properties.

Speckaholic: I wish! haha I'm not that good. I'm pretty good at cut and paste. If I have to do anything from scratch it would take me forever. I manipulate photos I have and compile them into one picture. The boat in my pic was on the trailer. I cut the trailer out and pasted the boat into the photo of the beach. Pasted the girls in there, copied the beach to make it longer, added the text, added the wake, and the fish in the clouds.
Later, Hop

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Well...y'all sure have hit my sweet spot!

When it comes to animations...I spend more time GATHERING them when I should spend time making them. I have Adobe Photoshop, Photo Deluxe, Illustratorand Photo Elements 2. Somewhere in my mixed up collection I have a GIF builder. So I should spend more time MAKING THEM!

To prepare anything to put the animations and JPGs online I use GraphicConverter. THAT is a super program!

OK, if you want animations galore to accept or reject, simply go to:

http://www.google.com/

where you'll be given links to an incredible number of animations.

In the search box I enter what I'm specifically looking for. For instance:
"Civil War animations"
or
"fish animations"
or just plain
"animations"

Sometimes you'll get a better listing by using:
"animated fish"
reversing the words

That's all the help I can offer. Maybe one day I'll try to create my own. But I have so doggone much fun viewing the work of others....that I just plain don't get to it!

Of course I did not create the animation below, but I just love it!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Ps Hop!

Darned nice piece of work on your shoreline.

Wish I could so that.

·
Starboard List
1,882 Posts
Aunt Joyce said:
Darned nice piece of work on your shoreline.

Wish I could so that.
Thanks!
That was the easiest part. lol
Gotta love photoshops clone stamp!
That thing is a life saver!:)
--Hop

·
Registered
17,210 Posts
Hop sounds like you are a lot like me I have all the programs(Adobe Photoshop, PSP, Fireworks MX, Gif Animator, 3D Max 6 , MAYA and a few others) but only know enough to get myself in trouble

·
Premium Member
40,471 Posts
Birdnester

I know the artist who made some of those you pasted.

·
Big Overgrown Galoot
1,061 Posts
Vjer (Voyager)

i couldn't figure out how to load an image file ....don't see no upload button for signature.....could only load URL's loaded inbetween the
sandwich

.....Mabe Bill could helps ya out there......he seems to be the resident computer whiz......oh.... and Bill....hopes i'm not rippin off anyones intellectual property....got these off a free site........Have you got a web site for this artist?.....how the heck they figure out how to capture every detailed nuance is amazing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts