2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yup, hopefully they'll win the next one to! Go gator band also, I remember when i was in it, i was the tenor captain in the drumline, lots of fun!!!

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
Go Gaters!
I can't believe I just said that cuz I was a Coog from LM!
I love the bands! They truly are the heart and soul of the game - sorry football parents!
Congrats and hope you last to the weekend before Christmas and take it all!

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
TTMB The Totally Texas Message Board, an open topic, G-rated forum for folks that like fishing (no politics, team sports or ttt's please)

Just joking! :D Great job Dickinson Gators.

On a side note, Port Lavaca Calhoun Sandcrabs seem to be roling into the playoffs as well and I am hoping to be able to see their 2nd round game next weekend. Anyone who knows how bad PLC was would be amazed at the changes that have taken place in that program.:doowapsta

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some days I wonder whether high school football really is a team sport :) Faith plays flute in the marching band and I have been able to catch most of their performances. The Gator fans are a great group to watch the game with and enjoy the halftime bands. We sit with the same bunch everytime and it's really fun to be a part of things. A couple of weeks back, when we played Clear Creek was the first time I have been back to my high school in 25 years.

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
It doesn't get much better than High School sports. I know you're proud to see your Daughter marching on the field. Way to go, Faith. I love watching and listening to the bands at half time.

·
"It's good to be...Me" ><)))'>
15,143 Posts
Good luck to Faith and the rest of the Gators !

·
Certified Man Card Holder!
1,652 Posts
Mont, you know I had to give you a hard time.:dance:

I love highschool football and the marching bands. I played both for a while in highschool and met my wife through highschool band. She was a senior I was a freshman and she was my band buddy! Band was good to me. Very, very good to me.

·
I can't see the Rockies from here !!
4,319 Posts
This is my wife my son and I at senior night a few weeks back.
He plays wide receiver and corner back for Kingwood High, we
made it thru to the second round also. Go Mustangs, Later Baker

Attachments

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts
Congrats to Faith but I can't say go gators. Clear Springs beat Elkins Sat. night, might see ya'll down the road.

·
Registered
9 Posts
High School Football Playoffs

Go Corpus Christi Flour Bluff Hornets, they play SA Harlandale on Thursday Night 7pm @ Alamodome. Don't get no better than High School Football Playoffs!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Great picture of Faith, man she is growing up fast!!

We started going to the Elkins games when my daughter was a freshman in the band 5 years ago. Had alot of good times. Alexandra played oboe and they don't march, so she got to bang on the stuff in the pit. She had a blast. Pretty funny when you look back to the 6th grade and how awful they were. A bad oboe is well....... really bad. But now, fast forward 8 years and she is still playing. She is playing as a fresman in A&M's orchestra. My have we come a long way from the scheech-horn days. her playing is absolutely beautiful. Go get 'em Gators so the band can keep on playing, lol. - Hevy

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Doug, I have to admit, the first year or so of flute was mighty painful. These days, she gets on a tear and plays for hours on end and it's a whole lot easier on the ears. She took a huge gamble and played volleyball and did marching band too. Talk about some messed up schedules. Sometimes, I think Stacy could have use a helicopter instead of a Charger. I still don't know where were are playing Saturday, but it's somewhere at 2. With any luck, the band keeps on playing...

·
Capt of the spyglass Potlicker club!
12,607 Posts
Mont, looks like ya'll got LaPorte Sat. afternoon. Good luck, always hated LaPorte!!!!!!!!!

Clear Springs is playing Pasadena in Pearland Sat. night. "GO CHARGERS"!!
someone needs to use their stadium sense North Shore smoked them friday night.

·
Borders, language, culture
6,343 Posts
Mont, does the band really "march"? I miss the days when high school bands did the military marching thing. This new fangled production stuff they do now days, I just don't get most of the time. Oh well, the kids seem to enjoy it, so I guess that is what matters the most.

·
Administrator
23,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Our band really does march. Mr. Mac is one heck of a band teacher and the kids love him. He works them hard and it shows.

Faith picked up 2nd chair flute at Regions yesterday. Pretty impressive for a freshman. We heard today that she may qualify in the top 5 in the entire state soon. She was walking on cloud 9 last night when she got the news.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts