2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
10,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just overheard my 12 year old daughter talking to my wife telling some story about who cares what she was talking about. all i heard was "like, like, like, like, like.........". i told her to quit saying "like". then she just sat there dumbfounded. she could not mutter a word. it was if someone had chopped her tounge off. she actually could not figure out how to convey her story without saying 100 "like's". what is with today's children? what's up with this "like' word? please, help! i am slowly dying!!!

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
That aggravates me too. And its not just 12 year olds. I hear the nurses in the lounge doing the same thing all the time. I though that fad ended back in the 80s with the valley girls. Guess not. Then again, we could just be geezers...

·
Registered
12,968 Posts
Like I know like what you're like talking about. It like really like annoys me. You like can't even like talk to them like at all. It's like they are like a computer stuck like on a program. I like don't even like know how to like get get them to stop saying like. Teenagers!
RT

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
....and it's like kinda like..."awesome !!!"

that combo drives this geezer up a tree ....

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
My grand daughters live in a small north east Texas town and don't talk like that. Thank goodness!!!!

·
Hunting the Sith...
6,022 Posts
It is really bad, even with people I work with and they get ****** when I point it out to them. "Like what am I supposed to say then?" is the response I get and I just suggest slowing down and think about what they are going to say.

My sister constantly uses the word "like" when describing things or telling stories and it really rubs my dad the wrong way.

·
Registered
985 Posts
"like" and "you know"

Like and..."you know what I mean" ....at least twice per sentence, 20 sentences per minute, 120 times / hour....combined with an assortment of "like you know what I means".....

When you get bored with it, I find it entertaining to quit listening and just count how many times they say "like" and / or "you know" for sixty seconds. Beer helps and prayer help.

And if you mention this to the person, they like don't get it you know what I mean, and so like then you start wondering you know then you like zone out and like start thinking about like being somewhere else you know what I mean, like in a bar on like the other side of town you know....

·
29.42" Hg
5,238 Posts
just overheard my 12 year old daughter talking to my wife telling some story about who cares what she was talking about. all i heard was "like, like, like, like, like.........". i told her to quit saying "like". then she just sat there dumbfounded. she could not mutter a word. it was if someone had chopped her tounge off. she actually could not figure out how to convey her story without saying 100 "like's". what is with today's children? what's up with this "like' word? please, help! i am slowly dying!!!
For Sure!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I got a 13 year old, I feel your pain. I just keep asking "She like drank a Coke or she drank a Coke?" Drives her crazy and she watches it around me at least.

·
Follically Challenged
5,373 Posts
Like, you sure? Like this is, Like what you want to talk about,...:help:

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
I teach this age level and I can tell you it is an epidemic. I take them to task constantly. They have no idea they are even saying it until I point it out.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Listen to the dialog on children's TV shows. I bet all the stars on Disney say "like", and then there's Scooby Doo! :D

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
WHOA WHOA. It could have or be much more worse. She could have said: "Yeah, I really like him too. Well like I know he was just released from prison and like I know he's much older and he has kids; but like I wanna be a mom. Do you think my dad will like him?" B&P

·
sea monkey rancher
18,403 Posts
i carry around a ss car antenna in my sleeve, first time kids do that I whack em on the neck real hard, 3-4 real good ones, so it raises a big ol red welt..

doesn't go over too well in the mall though.

·
Kickin' hippies' a**es and raisin' h*ll!
5,369 Posts
Try recording her and then transcribe what she says. They don't notice it when they're talking, but all of those "likes" makes something really difficult to read, even for the heavy "like you knowers"!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts