2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
If you don't mind using nylon most electrical suppliers carry 600' foot roles at a good price. If you know an electrician or a supply salesman you can buy it pretty cheap. I think I paid about $60.00 for 600' feet not to long ago.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I beleive the electrical rope is a poly and not nylon. The problem with the yellow poly is that it gets small stickers on it that sticks in your hand when pulling it up.
There is a place in galveston that is a marine supply that you can by the nylon at a good price.
Mrsailfish

·
>))));>
721 Posts
You can get it cheap at home depot. I have also been told that you can buy quality braided rope at cattle/livestock stores for about a quarter of the price of a boat store.

·
Duck removal service
1,037 Posts
Holey Moley Mr. Sailfish, are you hand pulling 600 feet?

Yeah, I know, it's a pain to pull any amount of that stickery stuff but when I read your post I imagined you in the bow hand over handing for about an hour. YIKES!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
If you know where the sailboat dock is at the Galveston Yacht Basin you can buy rope at the shrimp boat supply. The sailboat dock is across the channel from the drystack, fuel dock, yacht service. Really good prices.

·
Registered
30,257 Posts
West Marine has pretty fair prices on it. Also I was at the wal-mart in Conroe & they had a pretty good selection, the one on 105 past Papa's

·
Registered
348 Posts
We don't freehand 600' but even if you use an anchor ball if you are handling the poly you will get the stickers in your hand if you don't use gloves.

Mrsailfish

·
Registered
800 Posts
Marlintini said:
pm LAV20 here on the board. he will be able to help you out.
Marlintini -
Thanks for the advertisement:

Yes I can get is 600 feet 1/2 inch twisted nylon - $150.00 - 0.25 per foot
300 feet - $105.00 or 0.35 per foot.

Let me know,

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
fishgetter, I sent you a PM. I have one bought around ten years ago as a spare, never taken out of the package. Professionally made with 15ft of galvanized chain. I believe it was 300ft, 9/16". Need to get rid of it; no longer have the boat.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
Hillman's Hardware (boat supply) down on Dickinson Bayou has decent prices as well. Haven't bought any recently but they were always much cheaper than most.

·
Lifes 2 Short 2 B So Serious All Da Time
4,268 Posts
The ABSOLUTE most inexpensive place I have ever bought anchor rope is at MARINE INDUSTRIAL SUPPLY, (formally the shrimp boat store) in Freeport Tx. They sell it by the pound. The Gores have been in business since before I was born and Im 52

Its also the most inexpensive place Ive ever bought chain.
http://www.hosesinc.com/

Give them a call and ask for Raymond. Their nice folks

Hog

1 - 15 of 15 Posts