2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
When it rains, I let it.
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we have had an acre to clean this past week, I have retouched nature.

been days when it pleased me, to be on my knees following ants, as they crawled cross the ground. A line from a Steve Frumholtz song...

Today, Raven an I played with a gazillion toads, she told me so! They were sheltering in place. Every where I picked up a log there was a toad.

The last thing we saw was something I had only heard of. A locust coming out of it's shell. In all my years I had seen the beginning and the end, but never the in between.

Be fore warned! These are alien creatures!

Attachments

·
Done Wit Dat
7,538 Posts
That's more than cool. That's amazing. Great pics!!!!!!

·
Say "when"
7,267 Posts
CoolChange on Cicadas

CC:
I have been wondering about you. I still have the offshore floor rod rack you made. I am not an entemologist (not sure I can even spell it) but I believe each crop of cicadas (called locusts locally) stay buried for several years. That way, if in one particular year there is fire, drought, etc., only those emerging that year will perish. The others will come out of the ground in later years when there may be more survivable conditions. The species will survive. Serious scientists have been fascinated by bugs for hundreds of years, so don't let anyone rib you about it.

·
Banned
12,705 Posts
they are also hands down the best catfish bait ever, doesn't matter if they are fresh or totally dried up channel cats will come to them everytime... learned it from a crazy old lady the spent her entire life on the Guadalupe River

jc

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
That is cool but creepy looking. Thanks for sharing. Dont see too many of those down here in POC.

·
Infidel
3,523 Posts
jc said:
they are also hands down the best catfish bait ever, doesn't matter if they are fresh or totally dried up channel cats will come to them everytime... learned it from a crazy old lady the spent her entire life on the Guadalupe River

jc
How do you hook em if they're still alive? That'd be good monster bass bait buzzing around on top.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts