2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been brought to my attention that there are some folks upset that money was raised for myself and my family and our family is going on vacation tomorrow.

Please let me clear this up right here and right now.

Last year while we were in New Braunsfels on vacation we went ahead and reserved the house again for this year and paid half of the 4 day rental then. At this time my wife was not pregnant nor was I in my current situation. A few months later in October we found out my wife was pregnant and immediately counted the months ahead and knew we were in trouble there with our vacation. But we went ahead as planned and decided if anything she could watch from the sidelines and we would go anyway for the kids. In January we bought season passes for our kids to Schlitterbahn so they could enjoy the 4 days there since we couldnt float the river 8 months preggo. Well in April we went ahead and paid for the condo in full and were ready to go, baby or no baby.

On June 5th I was involved in an industrial accident at work and beyond my control was burned w/30% coverage. Although I am healing pretty well I still will not be able to be in the sun for a few more months and could not go to New Braunsfels. Since the rest of our family(wife's parents, cousins, aunts, and wife's sisters w/thier families) had already scheduled thier vacation at that time for all of us to go we told them to go ahead and go and use our room since it was non-refundable this close to time. Anyone who has seen me post in the last 7 years knows dang well I would never want to let my kids go on vacation w/out me but due to my current health I had to let them go anyways. Afterall due to monetary reasons with the new birth it was to be our only vacation this year.

It has been brought to my attention more than once that some members are upset over my family taking a vacation right after donations were given. I promise every single one of you that not one penny donated has been or ever will be used for my families vacation. All money has been set aside seperately and will be used as Im sure it was intended to be. We have been so overwelmed by the 2cool family's generosity and concern that we never saw this coming. Honestly I never saw this coming and really dont know what else to say other than Im extremely sorry if anyone was misinformed or confused as to my families actions. My integrity is extremely important to me and if anyone who donated to me or my family and feels thier donation is not needed feel free to pm and we'll discuss it. I really cant believe I ever would have to make this post but it is what it is. The house was reserved and paid for long before my accident and since our kids already had season passes we decided to let my wife's parents take them in our place. My daughters have saved thier money all year for thier trip and we told them we would match what they saved, in an effort to teach them to save some money with an incentive. That as well was taken care of before one TTMB dollar was given to me.

I love this place and the memebers here will have my everlasting devotion after what was done for me but I cant help but feel a little but was lost by a certain few. If my integrity was compromised somewhere in the past please show me so I can do what I can to correct it. Integrity and honor are two very important virtues to me and I dont wish to have them questioned amongst my very best friends. Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Zac

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
No need Zac. That thought never entered my mind. Go and have a great time, dont frett it bro. Maybe I could get up to NB and say hey, it wont be Houston and fishing with ya, but it would be cool.

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
chiefcharlie said:
Who ever they are can KISS a Fat ducks Butt!!!! You will never have to defend or explain your honesty...interegity...or honor...

Thats my quick response....I have more if needed....now I'm #^%%*@#$)(*&*&^%#$%%^&*#$%^&*
vBulletin Message
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to chiefcharlie again.

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
we cant

By my orders wife cant go because we are too close to launch to be in the river and I flat out can not be in the sun. Yesterday I broke a slight sweat for five minutes hanging a curtain rod and have two blisters/boils on my forearm today to show for it. My in-laws are taking my kids and the wife and I are staying home which is where I am stuck for at least another 3 weeks.

Zac

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Chief, I think I love you! That or you are capable of reading my mind. Thanks for this response. I feel the same, EXACT way.

Zac, I told you from day 1 that there might be those who don't understand integrity and honor and who might question your decisions based on the fact that they CHOSE to help your family. While I don't recall saying anything remotely resembling a duck's butt, I think that sentiment covers it.

You know who your friends are.
chiefcharlie said:
Who ever they are can KISS a Fat ducks Butt!!!! You will never have to defend or explain your honesty...interegity...or honor...

Thats my quick response....I have more if needed....now I'm #^%%*@#$)(*&*&^%#$%%^&*#$%^&*

·
See ya on the flats!
1,838 Posts
Have a good vacation...it's much needed!! If there's such a very, very, very, small minority that wishes to think that way...they can do as Chief Charlie posted above! Have a good one, and relax!

Late,
Cox

·
Big Shot Spicy Man
221 Posts
i don't know ya, didn't give anything(don't have much at the moment), but I would give if things were different.....and I did pray for ya, and still am prayin for ya, AND I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ***** IF YOU GO AND I HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD TIME, sorry for yelling, just wanted to make sure I was heard....

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Zac, you don't owe anyone an explanation. Your integrity is 100% in my book and I have never met you in person. I hope to soon though. I am sorry you felt you had to make this post. Just put it out of your mind. I going to pretend I never knew anyone felt that way. How on earth could they.

John Michael "Boat"

·
Aggie Mom
5,386 Posts
I know how it is with extended family vacations. Just make sure you take care of yourself. Do not over-exert (?) yourself. I've learned a great deal from you and need to keep learning. It's also a time for you and Mel (I hope that's your wife's name) to have time together before the newest arrival.

·
Urban Chicken Farmer & Shark
2,321 Posts
I was going to echo what everyone else said .. everything i wanted to say has been said in the last 2 pages .. especially what chiefcharlie said!!

so i'm just gonna throw out a "ditto" :)

·
Banned
2,779 Posts
********* said:
By my orders wife cant go because we are too close to launch to be in the river and I flat out can not be in the sun. Yesterday I broke a slight sweat for five minutes hanging a curtain rod and have two blisters/boils on my forearm today to show for it. My in-laws are taking my kids and the wife and I are staying home which is where I am stuck for at least another 3 weeks.

Zac
He's not going on vacation! His kids are. Does anyone read all of a post anymore?

1 - 20 of 114 Posts