2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

121 - 140 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
The buying opportunity is there, they are going to post significant revenue with everyone ordering at home and watching prime movies.

1731 right now is very tempting.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Anyone still buying AMZN?

I think next big dip I'll grab more. It's been a while since I added but it is hard to beat. Just legendary.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Anyone still buying AMZN?

I think next big dip I'll grab more. It's been a while since I added but it is hard to beat. Just legendary.
I still have some I bought when it was less than 2000. Don’t know if I should sell it. What do you think? It’s been going up so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
I've got north of 225 shares thank God. Largest holding. I think I sold some in 2015 and I sold 2 shares last fall unfortunately. Listened to the nay sayers I guess.

I was harassing my family to buy in the 400s. None of them did. Finally got my mother to buy 15 shares at 1800 but I don't think either of my siblings ever purchased any.

To answer your question- heck no don't sell it ever.
I'm constantly trying to find stocks to outperform Amazon. Sometimes I do. But long haul I don't think I'll ever find anything that will be better for the next 20 years. We'll see.

·
fish control my brain
7,710 Posts
I have been watching a ETF that buys e-commerce and shorts brick and mortar stores

Its an interesting play for sure

Listening to some of these fund managers - some believe we are in the infant stage of online store/ eCommerce and are just barley starting to see what they can do ....

I have no clue - and this is not advice ..... seek professional financial help and not information from a fishing board

·
Registered
6,401 Posts
I bought in on the dip a few months ago at 1,824.13. Already 45% up.

I have had alot of success with this stock. I have bought and sold a few times but have always made a very nice return.

I last sold out 2/26 at 2,027.5546
Then bough back in on 3/09 at 1,824.1296

I only wish I would have bought more.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
That's great man!

After so many years of performance now, I'm surprised that you trade it vs. accumulate it. There are a lot more volatile stocks out there right?

It's up 44.90% this year.

I dabble in trading. Usually get burned. When I do it's just in and out in a day or week.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Oh come on man! Over $3000 today! Cman, I thought it was high at 2700 and was waiting for a pull back. I just don’t understand why it keeps going up even on days when the market drops.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #135 ·
My last purchases were june 6th and june 26th.

It's up 58% in the last 12 months and over 600% in the last 5 yrs.

So blessed that it is by far my largest holding. Up 5.77% today alone.

Life is great.

·
El Viejo
23,417 Posts
Oh come on man! Over $3000 today! Cman, I thought it was high at 2700 and was waiting for a pull back. I just don’t understand why it keeps going up even on days when the market drops.

It keeps going up because it is tailor made for the situation
folks are in now..no place to shop...stay at home...click on
the big "A" and yore problems are all solved..LOL

I'd like to see what their 6 month gross sales are this
year as compared to same period last year...

Double???? Triple ???

121 - 140 of 144 Posts