2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
The Blackwood is not a bayboat it as an offshore boat. AMS will debut it at the Fort Lauderdale boat show. I'll take pics of it. There are already few bay boats out there with the new F350. Yellowfin 24, Century 24, etc

·
Hartsell Props
38 Posts
Sounds nice

I just spoke with John at the factory and he said they put twin F200 yams on the boat going to Ft. Lauderdale. Gulf Coast Marine will have one in the Houston show. Can't wait.

KH

·
Registered
268 Posts
Well finally got some pics. They didn't turn out great since it was really dark in there and the boat was too big that standing from a distance the flash did absolutly nothing. Changed the setting on camera in indoor etc made the pic a little blurry.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
did they really put woodgrain on that console?
Just a little bit rediculus isnt it? I like the lines of the boat, just not the foam on the bow storage, the steering wheel, and the woodgrain. I would still trade the kenner for it though!

·
Registered
268 Posts
The bow cushion can be remove and there are storage lockers underneath. As much as I like AMS this boat has no identity...is it an offshore boat or bay boat. Make up your mind its too big to be a bay boat and not enough deadrise to be an offshore boat with twins.

·
Registered
735 Posts
The bow cushion can be remove and there are storage lockers underneath. As much as I like AMS this boat has no identity...is it an offshore boat or bay boat. Make up your mind its too big to be a bay boat and not enough deadrise to be an offshore boat with twins.
Was thinking the same thing.

·
Roll Tide!
15,791 Posts
did they really put woodgrain on that console?
I had a custom woodgrain console on the Drifter. Galvbay made it out of Mesquite and put several coats of marine varnish on it. It sat outside in a sling for over a year and still looked great.

On another note, what it the purpose of the Blackwood (other than looking good and hauling arse). It's not really a bay boat and not really and offshore boat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts