2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
I am sure it has something on the boxes it came in. Ask yur friend. Is it a military round of some kind ? Appears from the picture it may be because of the packaging.

Charlie

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should have been more clear Charlie, my friend only has a picture as well, so no looking at the box.
Aggie, all the blanks I see have the end of the brass crimped while this 1 looks like it has a projectile at the end.

·
Registered
762 Posts
They look exactly like the 50gr JHP's I shoot. Simply the way the tip is crimped rather than having a single hole swedged on it.

A lot of HP bullets look like that, simply a process of the way the bullet is designed and swedged in the final steps of forming.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Come on this is a easy one- Winchester Frangible 55 gr. .223, muzzle vel. of 3,115 fps. muzzle energy of 1,185 ft-pds.

·
Farmboy
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These are the pics I found of the frangible, Whampus. I could not find any pics of the controlled expansion rounds Rack so not sure on that. 2nd pic is the JHP, and they are the closest to the rounds in the pic, I think. Thanks for the replies.

Attachments

·
I'll keep my gun...You keep the change
10,507 Posts
That is the Latest and the Greatest........"Barnes Camera Load"
When feral Afgani hunting....you give the old SandMaster gamecall and they look into the barrel and wait for the flash........

·
Slicing and Dicing!
1,371 Posts
I got some of those for my wifes 22-250. They are Winchester JHP varmint rounds. You can get them for like $28 for 40rds. Its because of that pretty little round that I am not getting that bobcat mount this year. They do blow up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts