2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a friend with a house and i can go anytime. Looking for advice on charter captain, fishing, etc. thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, they showed me this site. I am utilizing this and would also like some firsthand knowledge from anyone on 2cool that has been there and hired some guides or fished on their own. thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
I STAYED AT THE BELIZIAN SHORES ON AMBERISCAYE.YOU COULD SEE THE BONEFISH ALL AROUND THEIR PIER.THEY HAVE A SNORKLE AND BEACH BBQ.YOU CAN SPEAR AS MANY FISH AND LOBSTER AS YOU WANT.THEY COOK IT FOR YOU IT IS A BLAST.I ALSO TOOK A CHARTER THAT THEY RECOMENDED,BUT I CANNOT REMEMBER THEIR NAME.GET CERTIFIED TO SCUBA DIVE BEFORE YOU GO.IT IS THE BEST PLACE IN THE WORLD TO DIVE.HAVE A GOOD TIME.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Here is a good thread from earlier this year. I posted a bunch of stuff so I figured I'd link this thread rather than re-write everything:

http://2coolfishing.com/ttmbforum/showthread.php?t=172188&highlight=belize

Overall, great flats fishing and good reef fishing. If your friend's house in on the far north side, you may be able to do some great fishing out in front of his house. The areas near San Pedro town to the south are not that good for shore fishing. Don't bother with billfishing.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Actually, if you go to the search function, and search for threads with "Belize" in the thread title, there are several good threads. Good luck...

·
Cereal Killer
4,153 Posts
jt2hunt said:
I have a friend with a house and i can go anytime. Looking for advice on charter captain, fishing, etc. thanks
Be careful down there, you may not want to come back north ;) make sure and see some of the other sights in Belize and take the water "taxi" to the mainland, its a nice trip. The lagoon behind Ambergris teams with bonefish and all sorts of other fishes. Very accessible by kayak

·
Registered
87 Posts
I bonefished with some crazy guy named Abby. Albeit a head case, he could fly fish. We caught many bone's on flyrod that day. Ask around, everyone seemed to know Abby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts