2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to Belize mid August. Looking for referrals for Tarpon fishing. Wife’s bucket list fish so want to do it right. I figure she catches fish i’ll be able to get another day of fishing for Permit and bones.

thx,

·
Registered
773 Posts
The most established and oldest operation is El Pescador Lodge, they are excellent, I highly reccomend them, there are several others. If I were staying in San Pedro I would contact Tres Pescados Fly Shop and see if they will hook you up with a guide. Once you are there you can find guides by asking around at the boat docks, but I don't recommend this unless you are staying there for a couple of weeks. Make sure your guide is a Tarpon guide as many are more tourist guides that will just put you on small bonefish.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I fished with Roberto and I fished with Rojo Lara, Roberto was nice and knew a lot about the area, his fishing trip was uneventful but 10-10 would use him again for snorkeling. Rojo Lara worked his *** off to put me in front of a tarpon and we also caught several nice bones. he was a lot of fun to fish with, if you look him up on facebook and message him you can book a trip cheaper than using the outfitter or at least put more money in his pocket

·
fish control my brain
7,749 Posts
Lots of wanna bee’s that now run huge motors on flats boats…. The Bradley’s are the go to for flats fishing…
but the poons have migrated for the summer…. Which is why you find them in the northern gulf like TX & LA
Have you considered a easy going Fishing and beach BBQ?… reef fishing and lobstering and then you go to the beach and they cook it for you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts