2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the talk about Tiger and his potential infidelities, I have read a number of people on this board talk about how he should have done more to not get caught...or "two are better than one"...or a man can "only eat one thing for so long"! I have also read hundreds of posts where men are bashing their wives or women are bashing their husbands. Now, I know this is not just a 2cool theme...its everywhere.

BUT...

It makes me wonder, what has happened to men honoring women and women honoring men...not to mention both parties honoring the commitment they have made to each other in marriage? I know I am going to catch some heat for this but when I stood in front of my wife and said forever...I meant it! Since when did infidelity become cool?

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
With all of the talk about Tiger and his potential infidelities, I have read a number of people on this board talk about how he should have done more to not get caught...or "two are better than one"...or a man can "only eat one thing for so long"! I have also read hundreds of posts where men are bashing their wives or women are bashing their husbands. Now, I know this is not just a 2cool theme...its everywhere.

BUT...

It makes me wonder, what has happened to men honoring women and women honoring men...not to mention both parties honoring the commitment they have made to each other in marriage? I know I am going to catch some heat for this but when I stood in front of my wife and said forever...I meant it! Since when did infidelity become cool?
I see where you are coming from but I have to believe that the comments that you are referring to are just guys talking smack. I mean come on, this is a guys forum, a place where we can escape from the confines of our daily lives and the need to be prim and proper all the time. Something as ironic as Tiger cheating on his supermodel wife can't pass without a healthy dose of humor being interjected. I don't think anyone here truely condones what he did, we're just having a little fun at his expense. I would bet that this forum is composed primarily of happlily married guys who have every intention of remaining committed to their wives and families.

PS - Hurry guys, I think Oprah and Dr. Phil are on!!!!

·
Save a Goat, Ride a Cowgirl!!!
3,388 Posts

BUT...

You're Young!!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Guess it is similar to a man needing a new car, truck or boat every so often....:doowapsta When the old one starts giving you trouble ya just trade in for a new one...:rotfl:

When the 'for worse" gets out in front of the "for better" you just start all over and hope for the best....

·
Registered
844 Posts
My comment about eating one thing the eat of your life was just a joke. I was making fun of the situation. I didn't intend it to be taken literally. Just like the guy said above, just guys talking smack. I've been happily married just shy of ten years and would not change a thing.

Lol @ dr Phil and oporah about to come on.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Not all divorces end because of infidelity. I don't anyone here thinks it's cool to cheat on their spouse either. I am personally glad for all those who said forever and it's working for them. It didn't work for me. BTW, my divorce was not caused by infidelity. B&P

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just for clarification...

I know many things are said out of humor and are not true beliefs. That being said, a large number of men AND women have gotten into a habit of making fun of their significant others. I just don't see why that is the cool thing to do now. I am all for going on a guys weekend down to the coast and blasting specs and reds for a few days, however, I do not see that it is necessary to ***** about my wife or any of the things that frustrate me about her. I should not have led with the joking statements made by some of the guys on here regarding Tiger's realtionship/s...It just made me wonder why so many people think infidelity is some badge of honor!

No wonder the divorce rate is so high!!

Alright, I'm off my soapbox now!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not all divorces end because of infidelity. I don't anyone here thinks it's cool to cheat on their spouse either. I am personally glad for all those who said forever and it's working for them. It didn't work for me. BTW, my divorce was not caused by infidelity. B&P
I agree it is not the only reason for divorce, it is just the topic being discussed is because of the Tiger Woods issue.

I would be a judgmental to call anyone out for being divorced, as I am child of a divorced family. Now, just because my parents decided to get divorced doesn't mean I will let it continue in my family. Its my choice whether or not to break the cycle and my parents did everything in their power to give me the tools to avoid the situation they had to go through.

·
I'm a millionaire in a .02 opinion world
2,569 Posts
Well in my case two hard heads got hitched and didn't want to bend. Stay flexible and open minded bro' and best of luck and grace to ya'. No more victims for me unless well there is one in particular nevermind. B&P

1 - 20 of 118 Posts