2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the same routine every morning. I get up about 6:15. Take a shower. Feed the lab. Take the lab out to poop. Walk the lab. Well this morning was different. I did all of the above, but while out walking the lab, on a beautiful fall morning I noticed two crisp tewinties laying in the street. I pick them up and thought to myself "Today is going to be a good day." I take the lab back to the house and thought "Hell, there might be more." Lo and behold when I get in my car and pass the previous spot there are two more twenties. I got to work and asked my co-workers what they thought about my $80 find and they could only respond that I should buy lunch. Well I told them about posting a sign that if anybody could tell me how much I found and in what denominations then I would give it back. Then I thought to myself...economy is down and $80 is $80. What would you all have done. Mind you I turned the car around for a third pass but that is all I found...Dang the bad luck!

CS - Lufkin, TX

·
Hold my beer.....
4,024 Posts
finders keepers! i lost too much money while riding the motorcycle not too long ago! there was no need to go try to find it as i covered alot of ground and on extremely busy roads! if someone found it they would have been really happy and the only person i could blame was myself! lesson learned the hard way.......

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
So who are you going to give it back to?

BTW, I lost $80 this morning...and I'd appreciate it if you'd be so kind as to give it back...that is, if you haven't spent it all on your friends lunch today. angelsm :D Keep it, and count your blessings, you POS! :D

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
So I have the same routine every morning. I get up about 6:15. Take a shower. Feed the lab. Take the lab out to poop. Walk the lab. Well this morning was different. I did all of the above, but while out walking the lab, on a beautiful fall morning I noticed two crisp tewinties laying in the street. I pick them up and thought to myself "Today is going to be a good day." I take the lab back to the house and thought "Hell, there might be more." Lo and behold when I get in my car and pass the previous spot there are two more twenties. I got to work and asked my co-workers what they thought about my $80 find and they could only respond that I should buy lunch. Well I told them about posting a sign that if anybody could tell me how much I found and in what denominations then I would give it back. Then I thought to myself...economy is down and $80 is $80. What would you all have done. Mind you I turned the car around for a third pass but that is all I found...Dang the bad luck!

CS - Lufkin, TX
I have only been fortunate enough to have had this happen to me one time...

I found a wad of 20s equalling out to 360 bucks on campus in Nac my sophomore year (guess people in East Texas dont hold onto their money very well).

I didnt tell anybody and just kind of kept my ears open to see if I heard anybody talking about losing it around campus....

Never did, so I put 50 bucks in the Shriner can at Wally World, kept a hundred for myself for a Finders Fee and spent the rest on Xmas presents for my family.

I dropped 80 bucks last Friday on Timberland... Do I win???

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Justin the way I see it I am your age. I also went to SFA. I lost $360 on campus one time but I never found it. Come to think of it this is your $80. The $360 that you found that I lost means you owe me $280. I will pm you my address. If you send it by check I need two forms of ID

·
" TEXAS TILL I DIE "
26,232 Posts
a couple months ago i found a 50 and a 10 rolled up together, i went to the store and had the checker run a pen across it to make sure it was real! it was ok, ive lost money before too,, what goes around. ill be looking hard on my walk today!

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Justin the way I see it I am your age. I also went to SFA. I lost $360 on campus one time but I never found it. Come to think of it this is your $80. The $360 that you found that I lost means you owe me $280. I will pm you my address. If you send it by check I need two forms of ID
I figured you would want the $360 in full, so I will drop a check in the mail tonight so you should be getting it by Monday.

Im heading to East Texas tomorrow night, think you can just meet me and give me my 80 bucks?

Then, it will be like none of this ever happened.....

·
Fishing :you must be present to win.
2,161 Posts
I went through the bank drive through several years ago to make a night deposit and there in the slot was a envelope. I reach in and got it opened it and it was the deposit for the local Sonic. It had a nice large sum of money in it. $$$$$.

oh yeah I say keep the $80!! go to academy and treat your self!

·
Registered
262 Posts
if there is any kind of name or identifying mark for example a money clip or something then its youre responsibility to return it ...if its loose money its free money enjoy whatever you get out of it and dont feel bad ..i have found literaaly around a thousand dollars at different times over the last few years and i was able to return every penny of it with the exception of 5 bucks i found blowing around a parking lot

1 - 20 of 31 Posts