2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My youngest son is thinking of buying his buddies aluminum boat. The only problem with it is it has several cracks in it. How reliable will this boat be if he has the cracks welded? Will the welding stand up? Does anyone know a welder or shop that does aluminum welding that is reliable?

·
100% Texan till i die
505 Posts
There should be no problems if you can find a good welder.Thats the good thing about an aluminum boat,you can always fix your mistakes!lol

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
Welding

Depends on the grade of Aluminium and the grade of wire or filler you are using on the boat to weld with!!! I can weld Alum. out of the garage I live in Van Vleck, Texas next to Bay City & Matagorda if I could assist you just let me know!

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Ps

I would worry about a transverse crack (side to side) anywhere around the middle of the boat in the floor. I once had one that had been welded "kinda kink" on me coming across the bay in 2 footers LOL. Big ole guy on in the bow!! We had a little water spout squirting up about a foot between us! LOL Moved him to the rear and stuffed a tee shirt in the hole and made it home! Pond boat after that! LOL

Later
R3F

1 - 7 of 7 Posts