2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aside from the Bridge Bait launch, are there other public launch ramps that can launch a 23 foot boat comfortably in Freeport? Directions?

Thanks!

·
Back in da Saddle
10,159 Posts
There is a public ramp just up the road for them but you better follow or know the creek that run's through it ....

John

·
Live Like No One Else.
5,391 Posts
There is a ramp at the park next to Capt. Elliot. I used it for the first time last weekend. And I think from now on I would launch from there rather that bridge bait. There is no place to get bait but I just get bait the night before so I don't have to worry about in the morning. It is about a 4 mile boat run but alot better than having to mess with the $hit at Bridge Bait.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The Federal boat ramp is acroos the bridge and about two miles up Bluewater Hwy and to the left...CR257 I think...

It's pretty remote but will add a few miles to an offshore trip...

Don't know how secure it is...I have seen broken windows is cars parked there...

The City ramp in Freeport is a nice single ramp but again adds a few miles to your trip offshore...

Both provide quick access to deep channels...

Seen a 25 launched from Federal without a hitch...

Never seen anything over 21 launched from city...

·
Registered
30,254 Posts
There is public ramp in Quintanna on the ICW.

Beach Bait is ok. Sure would be nice if Mr. Evans or the County did a little dock work there. Watch out for some submerged concrete off the dock between the two back-down pads. I have a custom cupp job on my prop from that rock.

Does the Yacht club have a ramp? They have SKA tournies there and I would think they would have a place to dunk a trailer.

·
NRA LIFER
3,209 Posts
Bridge Harbor

No ramp at the marina. It had one up until the 80's when the place was rebuilt.

The SKA guys face the same ramp issues as everyone else.

Be interesting to see if BBT has anyone to help direct the tourney guys. Somehow I doubt it,though.

Has anyone actually used the Quintana ramp? It looks pretty rugged from the water!

Bob

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Beach Bait and Tackle won't do anything to there ramps until the place as sold. They are about under already and been trying to sell the place for 2 years. They don't or might have the money but not going to spend it on the boat ramp.

·
NRA LIFER
3,209 Posts
Hoover said:
Beach Bait and Tackle won't do anything to there ramps until the place as sold. They are about under already and been trying to sell the place for 2 years. They don't or might have the money but not going to spend it on the boat ramp.
You're right about that. The last time Jimmy spent anything on that ramp was in the middle 80's. He had the dredge company that did some work at Bridge Harbor clean out the channel. As I recall the docks were worked on also. Nothing since that I can remember.

I have no idea what he is asking for the place, but it seems to me that the combined operation (store & ramp) could be made into a going concern.

Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem last weekend. It is only possible to use the ramp closest to the store at BBT. (with 15 new boats in line). What about the newer marina on Oyster Creek. Do they have a ramp?

·
Banned
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all who responded. Unfortunately, we had an medical emergency Friday night and couldnt get out. Hope those of you who did go out, made it back safely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts