2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Allstate had a 16% increase in second quarter profits so it's naturally raising rates in Texas almost 7% which went into effect yesterday.

Get this.
The increase hasn't even been approved by the TDI but Allstate will make bank and then IF the TDI reduces the increase they'll refund the over-charge.

Greedy bastages! :hairout:

·
Heritage, not Hate
3,239 Posts
Hmmm....my policy with Allstate renewed last month and the premium went from $588/6 months to right at $260/6 months for even higher limits.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
My Allstate tried to bump my rates 20% claiming the Katrina - Rita affect for the given Area i live which is 80 miles from the coast. I got me a Farmers quote and it was close to my current rate, informed Allstate and they "reviewed their computer program" and ended up giving me a 5% discount in my current rate. So paying less.

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bobber said:
My Allstate tried to bump my rates 20% claiming the Katrina - Rita affect for the given Area i live which is 80 miles from the coast. I got me a Farmers quote and it was close to my current rate, informed Allstate and they "reviewed their computer program" and ended up giving me a 5% discount in my current rate. So paying less.
Maybe so, maybe not. If you're paying through escrow you might want to check.

Wendy,
The increase is for homeowner's insurance not auto.

·
On the Water We're All the Same
1,016 Posts
I believe they decided to hold off on the rate increase for now, but they will be back with their hand out.

·
Registered
19,248 Posts
Mine went from about 1850 a year to over 2,000 so I reduced the contents and increased deductable to get it back down.

Charlie

·
Registered
10,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CHARLIE said:
Mine went from about 1850 a year to over 2,000 so I reduced the contents and increased deductable to get it back down.

Charlie
LOL Charlie,
I already did that last year. sad_smiles

1 - 8 of 8 Posts