2 Cool Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After all the rains this past June, wade fishing the middle coast had one surprise after another. Alligators were everywhere near Matagorda Island. We had several situations where alligators charged our top water lures.

PHOTO: This mornings alligator hunt.

The Gernstein brothers along with Guide Jake Huddleston 9-13-04

Attachments

·
Registered
169 Posts
do you have to get a tag or permit to take them gators? i guessing those are salty gators are they good to eat like freshwater ones are . . what do they do with them . . . .skin'em and tan it or sell it?

nice gators and pics!

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
thank you! you you make sure you take a trip into st charles. last i was there we got chased back into the boat 4 different times over a weekend. need to start a boot store down there...

·
Registered
6,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have the tags for the hunts. Some people have boots, wallets, and such made. Skin'em, tan'em or sell it...Yes to all

These are between 8 and 9 foot.

Chris

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dang! Nice going.
I tell ya I had a dive job{mait irrigation on a intake} in Friendswood about a yr. ago and some fool had dropped off a cayman at the course irrigation pond it got within 5' of me and BAM carroll childers had to shoot him. No way would I have made it out with all my gear on. It was about 5-6' . Some fool decided to get rid of a pet.
I say way to go!!!
Hey check out Oyster creek a few weeks back Lynn and I saw one about 10-12' on the backside of the homedepot off 10 .
I see BIG ones all around Houston.
Guess they have to live somewhere though. CB

1 - 8 of 8 Posts