2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the news today that I will be losing my job after 8 years in 4 weeks, Also thinkin about going to police academy right know but all that is liable to change

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
my uncle george worked there in the 60's setting it up , he said they spryed every pipe , beam , all steele with asbestos as a fire protection , he died of lung cancer 15 years ago , maybe being a LEO is safer ?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
pilar said:
my uncle george worked there in the 60's setting it up , he said they spryed every pipe , beam , all steele with asbestos as a fire protection , he died of lung cancer 15 years ago , maybe being a LEO is safer ?
Geez, pilar, you've got the worst luck! Your life might be the perfect Country and Western song?

Do you have anything about Mama, or trucks, or trains, or prison, or GETTIN' DRUNK!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That place is still full of asbestos, they tell us not to mess with the walls or ceiling, that makes you feel safe doesnt it.

·
Registered
30,684 Posts
eight years working in a place full of asbestos? in this case, maybe losing your job is a blessing in disguise.

good luck with whatever career move you decide to make.

·
Screw it. Lets ride!
3,259 Posts
Bad times make for job security in police work. Go for it. Sorry about your job, but at least you have a game plan for the future. There are alot of Depts hiring right now. Good luck.

·
Sea Ya
936 Posts
What part is closing? We are hauling concrete utility poles into that plant everyday, and the construction work that's going on is huge. What's thatall about?

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Don't know if you have any interest in moving to Houston but the Harris County Sheriff Dept. is in a desperate hiring mode right now.

·
El jefe
2,607 Posts
i am a perfect C&W song

John Galt said:
Geez, pilar, you've got the worst luck! Your life might be the perfect Country and Western song?

Do you have anything about Mama, or trucks, or trains, or prison, or GETTIN' DRUNK!
my mom just died of cancer i had to get so drunk to go to her funral my wife had to drive me , my brand new at the time 2003 2500 hd had a lady come flying across a RR track thru a stop sighn only to get Tboned and killed by me , only thing missing is is prison , i have steped on sting rays , had a black widow spider bite me , got car jacked in houston , but nothing i herts more then looseing a family member , so call up some one to write a song about me and make them give me 1/2 the $$$ they make, oh i almost forgot i am deaf and blind on my left side due to a brain tumor , we were lucky enough to catch before it was to late !!!! but i can still fish and shoot a gun :clover:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Pilar when things are at the worst is when God is with us the most. We need but have faith in him and call/pray to him for help. I will pray for you to make it through this troubled time.

God Bless.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Wow, I don't know why I thought that plant closed in the 90's!! LEO is a good bet. Harris Co, HPD, Austin PD...I would try to stay with the larger dept's..

·
Registered
7,942 Posts
Process operator jobs are abundant in Texas City and the Houston ship channel. Your experience would probably translate well in this industry.

Lots of guys around here pulling down 100k per year.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts