2 Cool Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over an inch of much needed rain here, maybe 2 inches before it ends. It has rained all night on my metal roof.

Since I'm off today, I think I'll go back to bed...

later

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
The temp here today was 92. The horrible lingering mugginess caused by Alberto has given us 85% humidity. I have a feeling that this mugginess with be with us throughout the storm season.

·
Registered
88 Posts
do you have air conditioning Aunt Joyce?

you need at least a window unit in FL humidity. question: Gary wants to call you regarding some family history type stuff. he has a habit of talking for a long time and I need to give him some limitations due to your health and to let you know you MUST tell him when you need to get off the phone. he's been in touch with some people related and is pretty excited about it and wants to share with you. let me know email or here what you wish me to do regarding this.

Alberto shed rain and wind here in NC but not as much as we expected. had to tie up the maters and a sunflower blew down. here's to summer! bluck.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
What you're planning on telling him neecey sounds just fine. It IS hard for me to talk for extended periods. My increasing "hunching", cause by a diseased spine, has crowded my heart and lungs. So, I'll be happy to talk to him.

Love you!

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up with 2.3 inches of rain.

Friday Mater report...
Lots of blooms with scattered golf ball size maters. Extended outlook is red ripe tomatoes by months end. Advisory to get the bread and mayonaise ready.

Corn is almost ready to tassle and tater vines are dying so its almost time to dig taters. The weeds are choking my okra, since I ain't took time to hoe them.

Cucumbers by next weeks end, yellow & zuch squash by Monday.

Watermelon & cantalope plants are looking good, Cantalope plants have blooms.

I made slaw this week and have ate fresh cooked cabbage 3 nights. Cooked it on the grill. I had 24 heads of cabbage and gave away a dozen.

The deer are eating the ends off the soybeans. Thats fine, exactly why I planted them.

I go to Duke Univ Med Ctr for my 6 month check up Mon. We pray they wont see nothing bad on the CT scan. I feel great so we will see.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

·
Registered
88 Posts
vegetable report from the souf

NC by God!! maters turning and done et a couple, cukes on and growing rapidly, punkins up, peppers on, flowers everywhere, beans about picked to death. LOVE THIS PLACE!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh I am envious....my mater plants have been in the ground for only two weeks, we had frost a day or so before I planted them poor little things.

I will have maters by early September, as usual. Might have to make a trip in the southerly direction for some real veggies...grown in America!

Heading for the mid 90's here today and it's muggy and very unconfortable.

Thank God for air conditioning!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend....

Love from Michigan to y'all.

·
Colossians 3
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh Sketch! No Maters til Sept? Mercy, Mercy. You'll have snow in Oct wont you?

I'm wondering...Are there not hybrid tomato plants that produces tomatos in a shorter time period?

Be sure to sue Miracle grow on the plants every 7 days and you will maximize the growing effort.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Soon, when there's a little more growth on the plants I ordered from the Nursery, I'll have Eric take pictures of them so I can post them and brag.

He had to do the whole job...which kind of surprised me. When I broke up my orchids and repotted them just a few months ago the "repotting" did not bother me. But, when I tried to pot this last shipment I was unable to use my arms or hands to lift, lower or do any of the cosmetic things that my plants love to "shine" with.

ANYWAY....tomorrow I post more Tunes. That should make everyone happy!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts